How To End A Specific Function From Another Function

Hi,

I have a little problem. I am new to JavaScript, but I am trying to make an HTML5 game. I have done quite well so far I think, but there are a few issues that are stumping me. In this case, I can't find a way to end a JavaScript function from within another function. I just want a way to say:

function game() {function move() {    if(playerY <= 0){                        gameOver();        game().end;        return;            }}function gameOver() {}

If that makes any sense. Is there a way to do this? This is for a 72 Hour Game Jam, and it ends Sunday at 9:00 PM my time, and it's Saturday at 10 PM now.

Hello,

although late I'll just give an example how to do it, there is more ways how to achieve this.

First of all I would put move and gameOver functions out of the game function local scope (although it's not necessary I advise you to do that if possible). Either way you can return from game function this way:

function game(){  // some code  if (move())  {    gameOver();    return;  }}function move(){   // some code   return (playerY <= 0);}function gameOver(){  // some code}