tourdefranz - my first game

pixelactivity

post-15599-0-24157400-1437767578.png

Hi, I like to announce my first game. As you can see I'm a big fan of the Tour de France (Tdf). There is an idea for a bigger game, but at first a simple game is a good start. The game is easy - just don't touch other bikers. From level to level it will get faster. I fastest level was 44km/h.

I like the old pixel-style like C64-times. The max-resolution is 640x280 pixel - graphics like bikers use a dot width of 2px. The only framework I used is threejs. It runs offline and you can play it on mobile-devices too.

I hope, I will find more time for the next version of tourdefranz for next year.

Please give me your feedback, but remind it's my first game and I know it's just a simple one. :-)

game: http://www.tourdefranz.com

Have fun,

Stephan

Window 7, Chrome 44 (44.0.2403.107)

Sorry, I just can't get it (reproduce it). I check it on virtualbox and on the laptop of my neighbor - both win7 and your version. There is maybe a critical point if the page loads - so I try it with different network speeds on chrome, but there all went well - even if your are offline.

Here is a version without offline-manifest, twitter, analytics and t-shirt: http://www.tourdefranz.com/develop.html

If you ever can reproduce it let me know.

screenshot_win7.png

Very cool game! :)

I just think it would be better if when I crash I don't have to go back to the first level. Also, I think it would be nice to add some speed variation between the other bikes, because now they all have the same speed, isn't  it?

And ah, I loved the art style.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I just can't get it (reproduce it). I check it on virtualbox and on the laptop of my neighbor - both win7 and your version. There is maybe a critical point if the page loads - so I try it with different network speeds on chrome, but there all went well - even if your are offline.

Here is a version without offline-manifest, twitter, analytics and t-shirt: http://www.tourdefranz.com/develop.html

If you ever can reproduce it let me know.

Sorry for the delay, I was on the vacation.
I played and I still have this problem.

How I do this.
1. start game.
2. I bumped into the first cyclist
3. press restart game
4. then I press to down arrow
5. if player moves on the top side of the road and I press to down the player doesn't change direction
6. if all right, I bump into the first cyclist and replay with 3 step till I don't see the bug

I hope I helped to you.

Sorry for the delay, I was on the vacation.
I played and I still have this problem.

How I do this.
1. start game.
2. I bumped into the first cyclist
3. press restart game
4. then I press to down arrow
5. if player moves on the top side of the road and I press to down the player doesn't change direction
6. if all right, I bump into the first cyclist and replay with 3 step till I don't see the bug

I hope I helped to you.

Yes, that helps. The function for the keyboard events sometimes was waiting for keyup. But that was nonsens. So now it just uses keydown. I hope that will fix the problem:

http://tourdefranz.com/

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, here are some small modifications:

- there is a mute button (value saved in a cookie)

- @soligrina:  now you will stay in your "pace"-level. Only if you reload the site, you will start with 38.

- on mobile: you only tap in the canvas to change the side (not necessary to tap up/down)

- solve same js-errors

With this post, I will finish this version (1.3) and think of a bigger version 2.0 next year :)

• 1 year later...