Pebble Boy - Okijin Games

OkijinGames

Hi Everyone,

Here is my latest game Pebble Boy.

post-5497-0-71885900-1438129594.png

Introduction

The hungry dragons have captured and caged all the birds of the realm. Join Pebble Boy, the little Orc, in his adventure to free them all. 

Throw the pebbles at the cages to free the captive birds and trigger powerful chain-reactions as cages collide on their way up. The game mechanic sits between the standard match-3 puzzle and Zuma-like games. 

Play the demo here

The game comes with 60 levels in 3 themed packs.

It is available for HTML5 non-exclusive licensing and will also be made available on iTunes, Google Play and Windows Phone.

The game is actually a long overdue as I initially started work on it in Jan. last year but put it on hold due to other projects. I finally got back to it last month and managed to complete it :)

Feedback is welcome.

Okay this is weird. I love the screenshots you've put up, and want to play this game, but it just wouldn't load beyond a certain point. Tried this on multiple browsers, private browsing etc.

Any other website this is available on?

I had the same problem as Yashash with firefox, in console there were tons of unload stuff errors, thought after swapping to chrome everything worked out.

Otherwise very neat game :-).

Thanks for the feedback, the game should now load on Firefox :)

I am doing some experiment with ad networks at the moment so the error messages in the console may be due to that.

Okay this is weird. I love the screenshots you've put up, and want to play this game, but it just wouldn't load beyond a certain point.

It would load until 99% and then stop. Temporarily disabling adblock plus (on chromium) for the site did it, the loading finished then and everything was fine.

I had a lot of fun playing. Great game! :)

I was just wondering about the method you use to scale your games to fit all different screen sizes. It works incredibly well. I was interesting in implementing it in my games. If you could elaborate on it, that would be amazing. Thanks! ;)

Thanks for the feedback!

I was just wondering about the method you use to scale your games to fit all different screen sizes. It works incredibly well. I was interesting in implementing it in my games. If you could elaborate on it, that would be amazing. Thanks! ;)

Your comment motivated me to finish an article on my blog where I explain how responsiveness is achieved in the games. Just posted here:

http://okijin.com/blog/index.php/responsive-and-device-independent-html5-games/

There is a live demo and code 

Thanks again

Thanks for the feedback!

Your comment motivated me to finish an article on my blog where I explain how responsiveness is achieved in the games. Just posted here:

http://okijin.com/blog/index.php/responsive-and-device-independent-html5-games/

There is a live demo and code 

Thanks again

Wow! Thank you so much!  :D The article and example code really helped me understand the logic behind it. I'm implementing it in my upcoming game right now. Thanks again and good luck in your future endeavours  ^_^

Hello Fred, I have noticed that the game not load/Run when Adblock is enabled. I think u must add some functionality to detect if the user is using adblocking software. If they are using it, you can display a message asking them to turn it off in order to play. I think it will be good idea because all the users that play your game may not have knowledge to go to console and figure out what causing the problem. ( you may find this useful to do just that: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4869154/how-to-detect-adblock-on-my-website )

I installed it, will leave a rating after I play it a bit :D

Can you please tell me what did you use to convert it to Android and if you can link to a tutorial for the in-app purchases? :)

For native stores I use CocoonJS (Ludei). Canvas+ provides full rendering acceleration and the code requires very little changes. They also have a comprehensive API for store services including IAP (http://support.ludei.com/hc/en-us/articles/200860367-In-app-purchases).

For native stores I use CocoonJS (Ludei). Canvas+ provides full rendering acceleration and the code requires very little changes. They also have a comprehensive API for store services including IAP (http://support.ludei.com/hc/en-us/articles/200860367-In-app-purchases).

Thanks, I also use CocoonJS and works great, I guess it's the quickest method out there.

One thing I want to note about your game, I played it on a Nexus 7 (2013) and the graphics are not as crisp as on desktop. Some elements (like the birds, main character, dragon, etc) look very crisp but the UI elements look a bit blury (the power-ups, the menu button, the coin and stones icons and top star bar). Are you using higher resolution for game entities and lower resolution for UI elements? Also, I thought that CocoonJS made apps 20MB+, did they improve it or did you do some optimizations to reduce the app size?