[Phaser] Archer

Thigydaze

Afternoon HTML5Game devvers,

Latest Phaser game is just about ready to play. Apart from the inenviable task of creating more levels, what started as a physics proof of concept (arrows down, bubbles up), is now a fully playable casual game (for desktop only for now).

Archer

Click and drag to launch (or simply click) to unleash your arrow popping as many bubbles as you required. The more arrows and bonus time you have left at the end, the bigger the rewards.
Fire single arrows, a salvo at once or use the fire arrows to set off a chain reaction of exploding bubbles.
Pick up extras on the way from free arrows, extra time, lightning bolts or just extra points. Destroy barrels to unleash shrapnel destroying all the bubbles in it's path.

• Casual game.
  • Physics based puzzler.
  • Demo with 10 complete levels. Finished game will have 50 levels.
  • Desktop only - for now.

As always, feedback is always welcome... and needed.

Cool game, looks polished however I really dislike the colorful text, it's so hard to read and imo looks ugly. I found the gameplay difficult to get a hold of because I cannot judge how far my arrow will go. I think if you added something to help show how far back the bow is pulled that would be better. Overall though the game seems pretty pro and was fun to play!

Pretty cool, but it needs sound effect. And I agree with previous post, definitely change the text to a single color font, the 3 colors make it totally unreadable.

And the click and drag is always centered around the archer position. It would be better to have it centered around the position where the player first starts a touch or mouse click. That way the archer guy can even be all the way in a corner and it would still be playable.

Btw the bonus points at the end of each round counts down some numbers, but it's unclear to me on what this is based. I assume it's for the arrows you still have left or something. If so, then you could count down the arrow number to indicate this. Or add a small scale-tween animation on each of the top arrow icons as the bonus point are shown..

And the bonus count down would be nicer I think if it just counts down seconds, like "0:59"

Thanks for the feedback guys. Taken everything on board and made a few changes...

The font has been redone - this time it's more subtle, and readable.
The bonus at the end of the level is purely your bonus that's left. The number of arrows left, the bonus remaining and the required bubbles drive the number of stars you can get for the level. 
Sound effects have also been added (with and option to turn them off)

A couple of you guys have mentioned the control methods. I've implemented both methods of controls, so you can choose to tap around Archer or you can tap and drag anywhere to fire the arrow. If you do the second method, then the power bar indicates the directions and power of the shot. Use the options to define which method you prefer, but it's down to preference really. 

It would be great if people want to try it out and as always, feedback is always welcome.

Thanks 

BTW - BdR - I had Snake Slider on the webOS - great game and great platform.

post-50-0-76930600-1439750868.png