Sprite bodies not following sprite angle

4ucai

game.add.tween(ship).to({ angle: 110 }, 1000, Phaser.Easing.Quadratic.InOut, true, 500);

I rotated the sprite in the above example but the body doesn't follow. Can be seen with the code below

game.debug.renderSpriteBody(battleShip);

Is this fixed in the latest 1.07?

Hi rich,

This is the original angle. I did game.debug.renderSpriteBody(); to check their bounding area.

q2.png

When I rotated the 1st ship, the body did not rotate together with the sprite. The collision works but I would like the 1st ship front to collide.

q1.png

Yes, this is expected behaviour. As I said the sprite bodies are fixed to AABB (axis-aligned bounding boxes) only. You can adjust the offset of them and the size of them, but they won't rotate in an AABB system. For that you need a more advanced physics system (like Chipmunk or Box2D) or wait for us to finish our own version, but this is months away yet really.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to bring up this old post, but this is exactly what I am working on right now. I understand that Phaser's arcade physics uses AABB, and that can't be rotated. That makes sense and is fine. However, it would be great if there was a way to get a new bounding box of that rotated sprite. For example, getting something similar to the red box for my purposes:

6LQ3UA8.png

The rotated white box is what we can't have in the arcade system, but can we get the red box to be used as a sprite's body shape?

Note: The screenshot not from Phaser, just another similar project I was working on.