Headless - HTML5 game now on iOS and Android

reinhardius

Hi, I would like to let you know, that our latest HTML5 game, Headless, just got released on the Apple App Store and Google Play.

headless_logo.png

App Store Link:

http://app.lk/Ax0

We used Ludei’s CocoonJS to bring Headless to iOS and Android, despite seven parallax layers, constant spraying particles (blood) and lots of animations on the screen, we got quiet good performance out of it, on up-to-date devices.

We will also release a Web and a Web/Mobile version later this year,  for which we are currently selling non-exclusive licenses.

About the Game:
Take control of a headless chicken trying to stay alive in Headless.

Inspired by the story of
Miracle Mike, the chicken that lived without a head for 18 months, Headless challenges players to see how far they can run as a headless chicken! Tap to fly and tilt to speed up for an extra bonus. Grab bags of blood to live longer and get ahead of the competition! Keep a cool head while dodging deadly blades and other obstacles. Unlock upgrades, collect power ups and charge head first to new high scores!

screenshot04.png

screenshot03.png

screenshot02.png

startscreen.png

http://www.doublesmith.com

http://www.doublesmith.com/presskit/sheet.php?p=headless

I hope you like the game !!

Greets
Reinhard

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

@gjbarter:
Yes, I would use CocoonJS again, but  if you are doing an arcade game and primary target iOS and Android,  I wouldn't recommend using any wrapper at all.
You will always move on very thin ice!
For us, the primary focus is on the to be released web and mobile-web versions, thats why we went that route.
(pm me if you want to have a look at them)

Looks fantastic, congratulations!

You mention your primary route is web and mobile web - how does the native app fit in with that? Is the web version going to be a demo or limited in some way to try and push the paid version or are you just covering all bases and it'll be essentially the same on all platforms?

The video and images look like it would look good on an iPad but some elements might be hard to make out on a smaller device. Does the UI adapt for smaller screens?