oTakhi Platform: Destruction by Voronoi Shattering

mfdesigner

I am pleased to announce our latest feature: Voronoi Shatter and Fracture.

(1) It is based on Boolean Intersect of Constructive Solid Geometry (CSG) and can be used to shatter wide array of geometries.

(2) The generated fragments preserve the original UV coordinates on the mesh.

(3) The engine runs on worker thread and has minimum impact on app performance.

(4) Capable of both uniform and cone-shaped voronoi point distribution to simulate realistic impact shattering.

Here is a short video introduction.

shatter.jpg

https://youtu.be/j78voCH7gfk

There is a subtle difference between our platform and others.  Our platform allows developers to wrap lower level codes into reusable, sharable components with custom-defined interface.  Unlike traditional softwares (the github model) in which a few developers control the evolution of a platform and its API.  Their presumptions on how users would use their software often becomes its limitations.  Also their bottom-up software model often lead to duplicated implementation of the same feature by different libraries and cause unnecessary size increase to the end-application.

By componentizing software in a top-down manner, you can build an application using existing components from other developers, or build a new component with the only features you need and optionally share with the others.

Using our software platform, you can build editors like blender and Unity.  But you would not be able to use Blender or Unity to build our platform, because they have already been specialized to do 3D game development in a FIXED manner pre-defined by a group of developers.

Basically, our platform lets you create context-agnostic software components and assemble them into end-applications (and therefore infinitely extensible by anyone), much like the same set of molecules serve as the fundamental building blocks of all animated and inanimated things in this universe.

Of course, but my main concern is that i have to use an online platform instead of installing the tool on my computer (then i don't need an internet connection) and that if for some reasons your platform becomes unavailable, i'm stuck.

We are consolidating server functions (repository and administrative) into Node.js.  When that is done, we will release a installable version.

This is a content-management system where content are objects and applications that you and your team can assemble collaboratively from geographically separated locations.