spriteTinter

LinkTree

Hi @LinkTree

I've been playing with the sprite tinter and for some reason, when I try to follow the instructions to set the 'tint' of my sprite, it just becomes invisible.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't seem to get it working :(

Thanks in advance!

Ok I think I found the reason your textures were not showing. you are working with a tablet or a smartphone with high resolution I fixed this issue in the latest update. you can try it now.

Hi @LinkTree

Thanks for the quick reply, but I still can't get it to work.

The only code I have is this ...

to require ...

.require(

'plugins.spriteTinter',

and when creating the sprite ...

var lightSwitch = new game.LightSwitch(240, 212, this.bg);
lightSwitch.tint = "#FF0000";

The lightswitch works fine without the tint, but when when the tint is added, it becomes invisible.

Hope this helps :)

Hi @LinkTree

Thanks for the quick reply, but I still can't get it to work.

The only code I have is this ...

to require ...

.require(

'plugins.spriteTinter',

and when creating the sprite ...

var lightSwitch = new game.LightSwitch(240, 212, this.bg);
lightSwitch.tint = "#FF0000";

The lightswitch works fine without the tint, but when when the tint is added, it becomes invisible.

Hope this helps :)

is game.LightSwitch a class extended from game.Sprite?

Hmmmm ... that could be it! It's extended from game.Animation

Any way to get it going with anims?

Thanks for spotting that!

Hmmm... I just tried it with a game.Animation and it worked fine. did you override the default rendering of game.Animation with game.LightSwitch?

this worked for me:

var anim = new game.Animation(['eye.png','eye2.png']);anim.play();anim.tint = "#ff0000";anim.addTo(game.scene.stage);

Edit:

I haven't seen your game.LightSwitch code but my assumption is that the problem might be in it's init function.

This is all I have in my LightSwitch class ...

game.createClass('LightSwitch', 'Animation', {    textures: ['lightSwitch0001.png', 'lightSwitch0002.png', 'lightSwitchInvisible.png'],    interactive: true,    buttonMode: true,    init: function(x, y, container) {        this.anchor.set(this.width/2, 0);        this.position.set(x, y);        this.addTo(container);        this.off = true;    },});

and then to put in on screen ...

var lightSwitch = new game.LightSwitch(240, 212, this.bg);lightSwitch.tint = "#FF0000";

Hmmm ... I might very well be doing something wrong. I'll see if I can get it going haha.

Thank for your help :)

This is all I have in my LightSwitch class ...

game.createClass('LightSwitch', 'Animation', {    textures: ['lightSwitch0001.png', 'lightSwitch0002.png', 'lightSwitchInvisible.png'],    interactive: true,    buttonMode: true,    init: function(x, y, container) {        this.anchor.set(this.width/2, 0);        this.position.set(x, y);        this.addTo(container);        this.off = true;    },});

and then to put in on screen ...

var lightSwitch = new game.LightSwitch(240, 212, this.bg);lightSwitch.tint = "#FF0000";

Hmmm ... I might very well be doing something wrong. I'll see if I can get it going haha.

Thank for your help :)

this worked for me:

game.createClass('Anim','Animation',{    textures: ['eye.png', 'eye2.png'],    interactive: true,    buttonMode: true,    init: function(x, y, container){        this.anchor.set(this.width/2, 0);        this.position.set(x, y);        this.addTo(container);        this.off = true;    }});var anim = new game.Anim(100,100,game.scene.stage);anim.tint = "#ff0000";anim.play();

Maybe it is something else that causes it. are you getting any errors in your console?

Now that you say so ... I am. I completely forgot to check (as everything else was working).

[Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'game.FastContainer.inject')

(anonymous function) (spriteTinter.js, line 334)
_loadModules (core.js, line 712)
_loadModules (core.js, line 720)
body (core.js, line 260)
global code (sprite.js, line 10)

Now that you say so ... I am. I completely forgot to check (as everything else was working).

[Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'game.FastContainer.inject')

(anonymous function) (spriteTinter.js, line 334)
_loadModules (core.js, line 712)
_loadModules (core.js, line 720)
body (core.js, line 260)
global code (sprite.js, line 10)

Are you using the 2.0 version? I am not sure but I think the first error is due to game.FastContainer not existing and it indeed doesn't exist in the 1.3 version.