Strange android bug

tyson

Hi all, I've run into a strange bug with the Android browser in which some particle effect textures get all funky and corrupted colors.

Works fine in Safari, Chrome, Firefox and other browsers though.

I figure its either a texture size issue, some sort of compositing bug, or a png issue.

Has anyone had similar issues?

www.tysonross.com/temp/pinata_pirates/index.html

Cheers,

Tyson

I've run across this same problem on Android in my game Monster Air.  I've actually managed to avoid it on some Android devices, but by far most of them seem to have this same issue.

It's comforting to know that someone else is having this same problem!  I was even pondering taking advantage of the funkiness and making a game featuring the bug.

I had a similar problem with one of our games.  What was happening for me was that there wasn't enough memory to handle of the objects needed for our particle effects, so it would release the memory before we were done with it.  I added in some code that would cut the amount of particles in half if the user was on an android device, and that solved the problem.

I think that may be the problem with your game as well, since the particle effects look like they add 30+ objects to the browser quickly, and Android's browser is notorious for being inefficient.