Solar Crusaders (Performance Improvements)

hilary_craven

• 1 month later...

In firefox and chrome, windows 10, Geforce GT 740M the game is slow when the browser is maximized (my resolution is 1680x1050).

If I resize the browser to a smaller window it gets faster.

If you put a fps counter in your game I can tell you how it performs in various resolutions.

Nice graphics but why is it so slow ?

We've been able to facilitate some hefty performance improvements, so give the game another try.

PLEASE NOTE

Your game should say "version 1045" and to the right of that there should be a FPS monitor. If you don't see either of these, that means that there is a cache problem and please let us know right away! (also refresh the browser)

We do need to know if people are being served the old version, I thought we nipped that bug already, but if not it'll be a high priority.

iVwY0Z2.gif

Awesome graphics, really nice job! :)

Performance could be better (Core i7 Quad + 16 GB Ram + some onboard graphics chip, Chromium). Unfortunately, the fonts are not readable for me (see attachment).

There also is a bug: When I start the game I cannot use the arrow keys to move the screen. It only works after using WASD first...

Hope that helps!

post-13852-0-87724100-1446226171_thumb.j

I'm getting:

Firefox maximized = 8fps; halfscreen = 10fps

Chrome maximized = 30fps; halfscreen = 50fps

Edge maximized = 35fps; halfscreen = 60fps

all my browsers are updated.

Chrome is acceptable.

Firefox is known for bad webgl performance.

Edge was the winner and a nice surprise.

Specs in my response above.

Nice graphics but why is it so slow ?

In firefox and chrome, windows 10, Geforce GT 740M the game is slow when the browser is maximized (my resolution is 1680x1050).

If I resize the browser to a smaller window it gets faster.

If you put a fps counter in your game I can tell you how it performs in various resolutions.

I cant get more than 50 fps on a macbook air on Chrome, possibly related to a cruddy GPU?

Awesome graphics, really nice job! :)

Performance could be better (Core i7 Quad + 16 GB Ram + some onboard graphics chip, Chromium). Unfortunately, the fonts are not readable for me (see attachment).

There also is a bug: When I start the game I cannot use the arrow keys to move the screen. It only works after using WASD first...

Hope that helps!

The performance issues have been confirmed, and it seems like windows machines were most effected. We've updated the tech demo to v1047, please let us know if you're getting much better FPS rates now. Thank you guys, the feedback has been very much appreciated :)

• 1 month later...