We all need market.phaser.io like Ionic Team!

jdnichollsc

Nah I'd say it is a nice idea to have all the community/official plugins and extensions in one place, I know that many people as well as I, have build some very nice plugins for Phaser, but they tend to get lost on forums (and google is not helping much). Of course I'm talking about plugins with good functionality and good-enough code and some documentation to be useful.

It would be great to have something like that and it would certainly be of use. If you do decide to get through I would be interested in submitting some plugins my self. 

Taking this a step further, people that want their plugin in there could submit a simple .zip file with the following:

- Thumbnail image

- Documentation (github style or whatever else, with installation instructions, usage, properties, functions, API, etc)

- Source code

- Source code minified

- example of the plugin working (something simple like one stage showcasing the plugin functionality)

- a thank you note to the reviewers!

It would only be for commercial plugins though, right? That is what the Ionic market is for.

The reason I don't think the idea will fly is that I've never seen a commercial Phaser plugin yet sold by anyone other than me. And I don't think it's a case of just waiting for a site like this to exist first before people make them, I think if they really wanted to they would be doing so already.

I like the idea, I'm just not sure Phaser is big enough to sustain it.

It would only be for commercial plugins though, right? That is what the Ionic market is for.

The Ionic marketplace is for both free and paid for work. It offers a nice central place to browse whats available in a consistent format.

As MichaelD said at present things seem to be scattered across Github and forums.

Could force contributors to only submit Github/BitBucket links for things to cut down the admin and hosting hassles. Use Disqus for comments and ratings of each submitted item maybe.

Make it all items are free for now, and possibly use gumroad to charge for items later ?

ImpactJS' marketplace is Point of Impact: http://www.pointofimpactjs.com/

It has tutorials, snippets, plugins, etc. Each one is reviewed, has comments, etc. I don't believe there is any support for commercial anything on the site, though. I'm pretty sure the site is dead now. There are lots of "coming soon!" links and features all over the place.

I never relied on it for anything while I was doing Impact stuff. GitHub and Google were much more effective. It's hard to see what the value add over GH would be for the people who might run the Phaser market. Also, I think the real work of something like that is being the community manager so it doesn't overflow with spam.

The reason I don't think the idea will fly is that I've never seen a commercial Phaser plugin yet sold by anyone other than me. And I don't think it's a case of just waiting for a site like this to exist first before people make them, I think if they really wanted to they would be doing so already.

I like the idea, I'm just not sure Phaser is big enough to sustain it.

I think that Phaser has a great potential (And my first language is spanish)!  :D

PD: I have in mind two more plugins... And I think there are many people with good ideas! 

Nah I'd say it is a nice idea to have all the community/official plugins and extensions in one place, I know that many people as well as I, have build some very nice plugins for Phaser, but they tend to get lost on forums (and google is not helping much). Of course I'm talking about plugins with good functionality and good-enough code and some documentation to be useful.

It would be great to have something like that and it would certainly be of use. If you do decide to get through I would be interested in submitting some plugins my self. 

Taking this a step further, people that want their plugin in there could submit a simple .zip file with the following:

- Thumbnail image

- Documentation (github style or whatever else, with installation instructions, usage, properties, functions, API, etc)

- Source code

- Source code minified

- example of the plugin working (something simple like one stage showcasing the plugin functionality)

- a thank you note to the reviewers!

Totally agree  :rolleyes:

Totally agree. And I think Rich does have a point, if the community wants it so bad, we should go on and make it already :) Who's with me?

P.S: I thought I did comment to this topic before??? WTH???

I'm here! :lol: 

PD: I'm finishing a mobile application with Ionic and 2 games with Phaser, and I will be free to help!

Regards, Nicholls

I'm totally a newbie in an internet community project like this :) Do you know where to start? :D

Inspecting Ionic Market I see that they are using https://stripe.com/ for payments and Gumroad for purchase externally (the developer chooses).

I like the template that has the Ionic Market, a simple grid with categories  :)

For 2 years I have a free housting in Azure because I got BizSpark

What do you thing?

Inspecting Ionic Market I see that they are using https://stripe.com/ for payments and Gumroad for purchase externally (the developer chooses).

I like the template that has the Ionic Market, a simple grid with categories  :)

For 2 years I have a free housting in Azure because I got BizSpark

What do you thing?

Please make it a node.js project. Please host it on AWS or (gasp) Heroku. ( =

Seriously, though... how does this marketplace make money? Is that a goal? Maybe self-sustaining, at least?

Sound cool.

Nicholis: I have no experience with Azure. Is it a VPS or hosting like Heroku?

We would also need an external hosting for files. Or we can do things similar to npmjs.com and packagecontrol.io: People would put a github link instead of uploading files.

The marketplace might work in some ways:

- Community dependance like living on a patreon campaign or donate;

- Direct profit like taking percentages out of sales like Envato Market;

- Optional premium account for seller like the files would be hosted on our server, encrypted with services like jscrambler.com;

Anyway, Phaser's community is not that big so making money might not be the point here. Self-sustaining first I guess?

I like where this is going. I would add here that if we host free plugins at first and maybe some tutorials (but that can wait) it would be a good place to add commercial plugins later on because:
1) The page will have some good ratings from SEO perspective

2) People will know where to look when they need something extra

3) The page will have some daily traffic especially if we keep the plugins coming but maintaining quality

4) We can extend it to support Pixi plugins at a later stage

I can support the idea by being a reviewer or a moderator as I have done this before, also add some plugins to get it started and create some tutorials about them.

Also I can help debug if you guys set it up, but I would suggest getting the page up and running and then figuring out payments because that would be like version2.0

You guys build it, I'll happily promote it.

If the site carried all plugins, free and otherwise, then yeah I could see the point of that.

I just don't have the time to create and moderate it though - so will leave this one up to the community.

We are for helping you!  :)

Guys, give me this week to finish other projects and think about this... We need to create a chat! :lol:  

My skype: jdnichollsc

Regards