Any mobile games done with Phaser?

umen

Hello all

i testing html5 cross platform engines for cross platform casual gaming , 

there is allot of buzz around this engine and its looks like it have a big community .

i tryied to search the web examples of Phaser mobile games but found none . 

can you please give me few games so i could see .

thanks!

As far as I understand Phaser, if you make your game container responsive and make sure you correctly apply touch events you have a mobile game :P Every JS-enabled mobile browser should run it. The only difference between running a game on desktop and mobile is performance I guess.

Thanks for the help i will look in the sticky thread about the game examples 

very important issue is the performance , is there any article or tutorial about using the engine in desktop and in mobile ?

what should be avoided ? 

Well, the games usually run at 60 FPS on most devices newer than 2013, so re-drawing the full resolution of the screen at 60FPS is not hard to achieve. Most game optimization techniques that are used in PC game dev industry can also be used in mobile. Do not expect the game to run smooth if you have 1000 characters on the screen and you do some O(N^2) computations with them.

We built an entire iOS gaming platform that has exclusively phaser games. All we have to do is run them in the WebKit sandbox and it works great! All of the surrounding app is written in, objective C though. 

The name on the App Store is "Wiblits : Community Mini-games" 

Let me know if this helps or if you have any questions!

@aturner 

i tested it on iphone 5 , over all its fine , but which entering each game the button takes several clicks until it enter the game itself .

i can test it on iphone later , this is what i always test , there are to much iphone4 users around me . 

it is cheep and very good phone . 

If you are using Phonegap/Cordova, performance is pretty good on Safari.  It's decent on Android if you use Phonegap/Cordova and throw in Intel's Crosswalk.  Otherwise, there are a couple of different envelopes you can use to improve performance but you will have to tweak your code some to do that.

• 2 months later...

If you are using Phonegap/Cordova, performance is pretty good on Safari.  It's decent on Android if you use Phonegap/Cordova and throw in Intel's Crosswalk.  Otherwise, there are a couple of different envelopes you can use to improve performance but you will have to tweak your code some to do that.

Hi @mwatt,

I'm a fan of Phonegap and Phaser. It helps me to create a small size app for Android and Windows phone easily.

But I have a issue with the audio/sound. I can play the sound in background by native HTML5 but can't make it available with the buttons by Phaser.

Could you please share us a sample Phaser project which can play sound after building by Phonegap?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Umen, 

You can take a look my games, on PlayStore & AppStore

"Zoop: Pick them all" & "Zoop: Pick them all (christmas)" are made with only Phaser framework. 

Hi @Gob0,

How do you compile your games to Android?

- Phonegap cloud (WebView?)

- Cocoonjs with CANVAS+

Your games's size are just around 6MB. It's great!

Hi Tuan, 

my games are build without cloud solution, you can run them without internet connection.

We optimize code and images and Apache Cordova build APK file with all resources. 

I've just installed the https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opzo.game.free.zooptwins on my Samsung E5 (Android 4.4.4). I can install and open it. But it has no sound and crashes then shutdown when I try to touch the images. I sent a report via the game report.

And you've just "play" my first and only game build only with Android components. I'm not happy with it and i think i'll develop a new version with Cordova/Angular or Cordova/Phaser.

Thanks for the bug report, i'll take a look (may be it's a small bug)

And you've just "play" my first and only game build only with Android components. I'm not happy with it and i think i'll develop a new version with Cordova/Angular or Cordova/Phaser.

Thanks for the bug report, i'll take a look (may be it's a small bug)

I've just tried both your Phaser games ("Zoop: Pick them all" & "Zoop: Pick them all (christmas)"). They have sound, don't they? I can't hear anything. The graphic and speed is not good on mobile. I have to admit. :(

Its me again, hi!

i deployed 3 applications to store, 2 of them are using Crosswalk. My games are very simple but the game runs really slow if i dont use Crosswalk. 

search for vohogames on googlestore

What are your Phaser games? I want to try on my phone. The game size look like over 20MB.

What are your Phaser games? I want to try on my phone. The game size look like over 20MB.

All of them are Phaser games :) Over 20mb are the Crosswalk edition.

ClearBlocks and Animal Puzzle have simple effects ( like free fall for animations). I deployed non Crosswalk versions but these effects cannot work properly so i change them to crosswalk.