Learning Babylon.js - The ebook!

Temechon

Hello all, 

As some of you already knew it, I've been working on the a Babylon.js ebook for several months. 

Today, this book is finished, and I named it Learning Babylon.js.

What is included in the book:

- Getting started with Babylon.js (Hello world in 3D!)

- Learn how to use primitives (box, spheres, torus,...), default cameras and lights

- Detailed guide on materials and textures

- Particles

- Shadows

- Collisions

- Intersections

- Physics engine (Oimo.js)

- User inputs (keyboard/gamepad)

- Animations

- How to use exporters (3DSMax, Blender, Unity)

- Shaders

- Skeletons/bones

- And more!

The main goal of this book is to CREATE a whole game, chapter by chapter: start with the basics (cubes, spheres and torus), add materials, replace with custom 3D models exported from 3DSMax/Blender,...

The game you will create is greatly inspired from the Super Monkey Ball serie.

By the end of the book, you will have a complete game to play with, and (I hope!) enough knowledge to create your own.

Sadly, I was not able to handle all Babylon.js features in this book alone (I would have spent a whole year on it, and DK is adding new features every day!), but I tried to cover as much as I can with one game.

You can find some more information here : http://learningbabylonjs.com/, as well as some screenshots of the book.

I hope it will help you in your next Babylon.js projects. If you have any questions, remarks, I'm not far from this forum (as you know it:) )

and DK is adding new features every day!

He does not make it easy does he Temechon. A right slave driver  :o

cheers, gryff :)

Edit: What does Code example for all chapters mean? No written code in the chapters in Standard version, or, in the Full version, additional electronic version of all code that can be used to hack around?

Hey Gryff, 

That means there is some source code written in the book, but not the full example. The full version contains a zip file, with 13 folders. Each folder is the source code of the game corresponding to the given chapter. You can hack it and tweak it and make it run at your convenience :)

Dad, 

No french version for the moment, but it could happen :) Anyway, my book is easily understandable by a French (keep in mind I'm French :) ).

Dad, 

No french version for the moment, but it could happen :) Anyway, my book is easily understandable by a French (keep in mind I'm French :) ).

I'll wait for the French version. I translate with a translator, so I would not able to read the book in English without understanding it properly.  :(

Temechon, is what can be translated with google your eBook. In what format is your book (pdf? html?) Because I told myself that if it is to PDF, I can convert it to html and then translate it with Google. it would be possible for you?

While I'm waiting to have it in French, I also have a thirst to learn and am think to buy, but only if I can translate it.

Thanks

Ok downloaded it - seems like I have to install an app by "gumroad" to read it.

And I found the Paypal a bit odd as I was asked to Preapprove future payments - which I have never seen before.

However, I have it. And wondering how long it will take me to get through 13,000 lines of code :unsure:

cheers, gryff :)

• 2 weeks later...