Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'time' of undefined

Bobcp

Hi, i create script, and have error, don't understand why it happens, can you help me?

this.lostLife = function (jim, snowball){    snowball.hasOverlap =true;    life=life-1;    waterScore=waterScore-10;    if(waterScore<0){waterScore=0};    jim.body.enable = false;    this.jimAliveTimer = this.game.time.events.add(Phaser.Timer.SECOND, jimAlive, this);  // Error this line code    console.log('LifeLost');}

Before  this.jimAliveTimer.. you can add console.log(this) to see what this is refering to. It's hard to tell where's the error without looking at the rest of the code but what the interpreter is telling you is that you want to access a property called time inside this.game but this.game is undefined. 

If you're new to javascript I suggest you read https://github.com/getify/You-Dont-Know-JS/blob/master/this%20&%20object%20prototypes/ch1.md

Before  this.jimAliveTimer.. you can add console.log(this) to see what this is refering to. It's hard to tell where's the error without looking at the rest of the code but what the interpreter is telling you is that you want to access a property called time inside this.game but this.game is undefined. 

If you're new to javascript I suggest you read https://github.com/getify/You-Dont-Know-JS/blob/master/this%20&%20object%20prototypes/ch1.md

Thank you.

Yes, it's becouse use this.

Sometime this defind like a object game, but another way, this defined like a function.

I put console.log(this) before this.jimAliveTimer

function (jim, snowball){            snowball.hasOverlap =true;            life=life-1;            waterScore=waterScore-10;            if(waterScore<0){waterScore=0};            jim.body.en…
this.game.physics.arcade.collide(jim, snowballGroup, this.lostLife);

snowball is a child of the group called snowballGroup

this.snowballCreate = function() {  	this.snowball = snowballGroup.create(1500*ratioScale,this.game.world.height-100*ratioScale-heightGround*ratioScale, 'snowball');	this.snowball.scale.setTo(ratioScale, ratioScale);	this.snowball.body.gravity.y = 2000;   	this.snowball.body.bounce.y = 0.1;        this.snowball.body.mass = 10;	this.snowball.anchor.setTo(0.5, 0.5)		this.snowball.hasScored=false;		  	this.snowball.hasOverlap=false;		}

Why this defined like a function, not like an object?

this is bound at runtime to the calling function. In you code this will be set to whoever called lostLife(). The one calling lostLife must have a property called game containing a reference to a Phaser.Game if you want this.game.time.... to work as intented.