Sacer

project databse problem on ubuntu

Hi there,

I installed a new instance of the MightyEditor (cloned directly from git) on my Ubuntu-System.

The problem I've got: ME seems not to register new projects.

When I create a new project (wether in chrome or firefox) the project folder is created and won't be deleted - so this part is fine. But if I shutdown ME, reboot my system and start ME again, the created projects won't be shown in "recent projects". Well it shows up aslong as I don't shutdown ME. Also if I create a project in Firefox it won't be shown in chrome and vice versa.

Is there something corrupt with some database files? Or do I have to install something besides nodejs/npm, fontforge and run npm install?

Or is there a special shutdown-command for ME? So far I just saved my projects, closed the tab and switched to the terminal where I hit CTRL+C.

hi,

Recent projects are stored in the browser's local histry.

However,

you are right - there was a bug - locally you should see My Projects tab instead of Sign In - as standalone version has only one local user - who is always logged in.

I have just fixed this issue - pull latest version and you should be able to see local projects 

Turned out that options for local projects were still missing.

I have just made another fix - to load options on open projects.

Ctrl + C - is fine - node receives signal and makes slow shutdown

if you want to MightyEditor make additional font formats - you can install fontforge.

Also - you should know that local version won't compile android projects - as compile script isn't included,

but you can use e.g. cordova, cocoon or even intel XDK - to compile web app into mobile app

ah, good to know. always thought the android port is a problem with an ME instance running on windows so I gave linux a try (also node server applications cost a lot of RAM on win8 and win10...). maybe if there is an project import function someday I'll just register a premium account on your website to support your great work ^^

well I found another bug now.

If I delete a project in the tab "My Projects" the ME instance crashes:

2015-09-30 15:53:25:  { [Error: SQLITE_RANGE: bind or column index out of range] errno: 25, code: 'SQLITE_RANGE' } SERVER SHUTDOWNstack traceError: SQLITE_RANGE: bind or column index out of range

hate to bother you again... next bug: now when new projects are created the redirect to #p556u eg or even with /0 is just a black scteen. also the files in /projects/ are created but got a filesize of 0 bytes

/edit

i may go over to write issues in github instead of posting here if this is better for you?