Caching large containers, throws texImage2D: width or height out of range

Hachi

Hello,

I am getting following errors when trying to cache larger than ~8000px containers:

WebGL: INVALID_VALUE: texImage2D: width or height out of range    (RenderTarget.js:277)
WebGL: INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION: clear: the internalformat of the attached texture is not color-renderable   (RenderTarget.js:170)
WebGL: INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION: drawElements: the internalformat of the attached texture is not color-renderable     (ParticleRenderer.js:248)
[.WebGLRenderingContext-0D5F8218]RENDER WARNING: texture bound to texture unit 0 is not renderable. It maybe non-power-of-2 and have incompatible texture filtering     (pixi_manualStressTest.html:1)

Everything works fine when I am not trying to cache. The container consist of small sprites. Also there are differences between different computers. Others work, while others don't.

I did notice a post similar to this on phaser side: http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/5162-help-with-texture-webgl-error/

My issue can be tested at: http://warmapengine.level7.fi/tests/pixi_manualStressTest.html . But please note, that it might work just fine for you :).

My actual question is: Are there any fixes or smart workarounds for this? Splitting the containers to multiple smaller ones might fix the issue, but I'd rather not try that yet, unless it's really necessary.