Blender + .babylon exporter

karpo

Hi,

Still learning how to use Blender but I can't figure out how to add this Babylon exporter/importer for Blender (version 2.6.7). I followed the instruction and put the .py file under \blender\2.67\scripts\addons\ . Restarted the program and all. I still cannot see the Import/export Babylon.js under the Preferences / import&export list. I have also tried to install it from the file but nothing happens. I'm not getting an error or anything.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Br,

karpo

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have a problem with the new version of the blender exporter... I tried to install it but it seems doesn't work with blender 2.67, 69.. 

btw you said this exporter was created for blender 2.68... but in the tutorial the example is made with the 2.67...

• Unzip the file to your Blender’s plugins folder (Should be C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.67\scripts\addons for Blender 2.67 x64).

I really tried to install the new version posted on github 7 days ago as sams as I did for the older version but no way... it really doesn't work? Is there any tricks to install it on another way? 

• 1 year later...

Hi.

I have the same problem, I did everything said in diferent versions (2.67, 2.68, 2.72, 2.73 - x86) but the exporter never appears in the import-export menu. I think Im making a mistake downloading from github, can anybody tell me the right steps for downloading from: https://github.com/BabylonJS/Babylon.js/tree/master/Exporters/Blender

Thank you all.

For those having trouble installing the Babylon Exporter, try the method posted in the babylon documentation site under Exporters -> Blender -> Installing the Babylon Exporter.

No need to worry about finding the right directory.

I usually download the whole github file, unzip it, find the file I am looking for : "io_export_babylon.py", make a backup copy somewhere, then use the process descibed at the above link. I keep backup copies of the exporter just in case there is a bug in the latest version.

And make sure you activate the installed plugin. Again see the link above.

cheers, gryff :)