Office People - MMO office simulator concept draft

Krzysztof Jankowski

Your are a programmer at big, boring company. Your mission is to go to work, spend 8h in it, do work and get back to home. Every mission is another day in work. If you can do this for full month: You get paid and thus win the game.

But You can be fired also. Or die. Like in real corporation.

There is all the others employees controlled by real players. They have the same mission - be a good employee. The only NPCs are the managment. They always feel like they makes decision randomely after all.

office_people.png

More info (and some pre-alpha build) at http://p1x.in/blg/office_people

Yes! :D this is the ironic idea of the game. You can play the most boring game ever and win or.. you can smash the place, loose the game but have a lot of fun :D

It's a sort of a experiment to check what will people do. They  will destroy everything for sure but in the long run they may be some insane players that will beat the game :D

Hi,

The theme is not the problem here - look at Papers Please: you can turn the most horrible theme in the world in the most depressing enviroment into a fun game. Thats what is missing here: fun.

Reward players for making the big corporation crumble without getting cought and you got a great idea for fun game. Right now it sounds like something I'd stay clear away from and wouldn't even give it a chance.

This is why I post it here - to get more ideas. First I will make the backend code to enable multiplayer and frontend to use different items. Then I will imolement the ideas and test them.

First thing anyone want to do is to throw water container on other players :D

I have some crazy idea that the game will cost You $1 and Your goal is to work (not get fired) by 30 game days. And if You do you will be rewarded this $1 back. So then the game will be free to You. If You failed you lose this one dollar. The main problem is how to handle the payments. This is just my crazy thinking. I will not do this :D

I'm thinking about achievements. This is known concept. Leaderboards etc. but it's still boring.

As Bronsoner says: dont get cought is a very nice idea. Maybe the boss will walk throu the level and when he sees that You dont work You're fired. I like this because it's so real :)

• 2 weeks later...

Piradice is another story. I feel bad that I put this project one the shelf for a while. I need to publish it to the App Store.

And for this Office People I chance some ideas and I'm making it a Firefox OS game. And from boring simulator to some sort of casual arcade runner/platformer.

office_people_logo.png

office_people_screen2.png

There is a public alpha to install on FOS phone http://p1x.in/fos/office_people and some more info about the game.

I'm really excited about this new platform and want to have a game there as fast as I could. Then I will back to the multiplayer.