Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hit2501

Babylon on Android, ios and PC apps.

6 posts in this topic

Hi.

I would like to know how can I do to use Babylon to make Android apps (Android Studio), ios apps and PC apps (Visual Studio).

Where can I start??

Thanks.

This is based on web browsers....

Simplest thing is to make an Android/iOS ap that is just a web browser without the address bar etc. This is what a lot of people do. For a PC app I do not understand since every PC has a web browser... you just make a website.

To use Babylon in a native Andoird or iOS app, you will need some kind of a container like Cordova/Phonegap or Cocoon.js - https://www.ludei.com/cocoonjs/

If you want to use Babylon.js in a native desktop app, you could try :

But I never tested any of those, this is just general information I can provide :-)

Hi,

Deltakosh and I have been spending a lot of time to garantee that Babylon.js runs fine on all platforms including mobile one: compatibility with the GPU of our shaders, performance and support for touch. It will run perfectly fine.

You just need to embed it into a web view. To do that, you've got several options:

1 - Build the native app using the web view yourself

2 - Use Visual Studio 2015 to build a UWP app using web technologies

3 - Use Cordova

4 - Very interesting option you should have a look to: Manifold.js : http://manifoldjs.com/ It's an open source framework that will generate for you all mobiles projects based on your web sites: iOS, Android, Windows, Firefox OS.

Bye,

David