[update] Fast Racer, a HTML5 game with gyroscope ( Please test on your devices! )

Gustavgb

Hey guys!

I just applied an update to my game, Fast Racer. I updated the GUI and added stuff to the game.

Fast Racer is a small game where the object is to avoid cars coming towards you.

Let me know if I should add, remove or change something in the game.

I recommend that you play the game with a mobile or tablet, because the game is made with gyroscope control, but it also works fine n a desktop ( Sadly no gyroscope control on desktop :( )

Is this game good enough to get sponsors, or if not, what are the requirements?

Play the game: http://dev.gustavgb.dk/games/fastracer/

Screenshots:

1.png2.png3.png

I moved the car to the left side of the road and let it there. The game is running while i write this post and my socore is growing. No stone hits me until now.. Humm.. I'm already with more than ten thousands points... Enough! I will kill my self! =D

You could make the stones apears at random positions, like random(320), not predefined positions.

I moved the car to the left side of the road and let it there. The game is running while i write this post and my socore is growing. No stone hits me until now.. Humm.. I'm already with more than ten thousands points... Enough! I will kill my self! =D

You could make the stones apears at random positions, like random(320), not predefined positions.

Actually the stones already spawns in random positions and in random sizes. So you just have been really lucky ;)

Tested on asus fonepad (basically nexus 7 in disguise) on android stock browser, chrome and dolphin.

Debug layer is visible only in chrome and reads ~45 fps.

Tilt works everywhere. Thats a good news, since I was really convinced tilt isnt viable on html5 yet.

The controls are actually really well balanced at 7" tablet. Hmm, I might give the tilt sensor another go after seeing this ;)

Tested on asus fonepad (basically nexus 7 in disguise) on android stock browser, chrome and dolphin.

Debug layer is visible only in chrome and reads ~45 fps.

Tilt works everywhere. Thats a good news, since I was really convinced tilt isnt viable on html5 yet.

The controls are actually really well balanced at 7" tablet. Hmm, I might give the tilt sensor another go after seeing this ;)

Thanks! Good news with the fps too! :)

Tested on iPad and it ran well! Though maybe the controls would be better with some sort of acceleration instead of the binary left and right speeds that there's now.

Thats an idea, it sure is.. ;)

Runs smoothly on my S3 in chrome (haven't tried the other browsers, let me know if you want me to try them).

The game played fine with the touch controls, but the tilt controls are virtually unusable for me. Is it just my phone (or my imagination) but is there a noticeable half-second delay between when I tilt the phone and the car moving to the side for anyone else?

Runs smoothly on my S3 in chrome (haven't tried the other browsers, let me know if you want me to try them).

The game played fine with the touch controls, but the tilt controls are virtually unusable for me. Is it just my phone (or my imagination) but is there a noticeable half-second delay between when I tilt the phone and the car moving to the side for anyone else?

I have seen this problem my self. Try using the stock browser, it for some reason works much smoother with tilt controls ;)

Iphone 4, Safari. Runs well. Some suggestions:

-art is weak

-transitions between screens are too rapid(adding some tweens would be nice)

-needs some more content(boosters, collectible stuff(gold/stars/gasoline), moving obstacles, etc.)

-try to hide browser address bar

Iphone 4, Safari. Runs well. Some suggestions:

-art is weak

-transitions between screens are too rapid(adding some tweens would be nice)

-needs some more content(boosters, collectible stuff(gold/stars/gasoline), moving obstacles, etc.)

-try to hide browser address bar

Good ideas.

i think there is no chrome available for FirefoxOS, please correct me if im wrong :unsure:

I have no idea.. I didn't even know there where something called Firefox OS a few days ago ;) But I'm sorry the game doesn't work, I will try to fix it if I can :/

feel free to contact me for further tests, i will test everything on the phone i can get my hands on in the next days :D

That would be awesome! I can only test with my family's phones, and that are only the most common (iPhone, Samsung etc). Please PM me with the phones you have tested, so we don't spam the comments ;)