pixi-spine plugin WIP GPU patch

ivan.popelyshev

Patch moves all vertex calculations to the shader.

https://github.com/pixijs/pixi-spine/blob/gpupatch/gpupatch/SkinnedMeshPatch.js

Its work in progress, but its already 33% faster for heavy models which use skinned meshes and FFD animations.

Demos are coming soon.

YES, ITS ONLY FOR SPINE ANIMATIONS.

sounds great ! looking forward to the comparison

Ok, now that tint and interaction work, you can download and include this file just after pixi-spine and look at differences for your project :)

There is some small problem with bounding boxes, but Im working on it.

UPD. width/height of Spine as a container can be incorrect with this patch. and getBounds() are cached. So if you use width/height, please switch to getBounds(), and it'll be ok

UPD2. All fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

hi. i tested SkinnedMeshPatch.js 

same code and only added 

Before

<script type="text/javascript" src="../../js/libe/pixi.3.0.8.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="../../js/libe/pixi-spine.js"></script>

After..

<script type="text/javascript" src="../../js/libe/pixi.3.0.8.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="../../js/libe/pixi-spine.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="../../js/libe/SkinnedMeshPatch.js"></script>

and then i got like under 
post-10357-0-47174600-1448974234_thumb.p

under image is 'Before' Code
post-10357-0-12588800-1448974245_thumb.p

thx...

Awesome ^^/

i tested....

this is super fast~~~with spine mesh

does it use with normal spine? O_O/

Performance is really really good. but it seems to get problems

not with WIP GPU
post-10357-0-65353800-1448987534.png

with WIP GPU

post-10357-0-65070800-1448987538.png

some part vertices calculating has missing.. maybe.? 

and performance is really really really good..

tested on
Chrome:  46.0.2490.86 m (64-bit)
Graphic: GTX 650

data : dragon (spine example data);
count: 500

with WIP GPU.
post-10357-0-31293800-1448987640_thumb.p

with WIP GPU

post-10357-0-35750200-1448987644_thumb.p

thx ^^/ 

Code is Ultra Simple

index.hmlt

<!doctype html><html><head>    <title>S Proejct by Pixi 2.2.7</title>    <meta charset='utf-8'>    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0,  minimum-scale=1.0">    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../../css/jandi.css"/>    <style>        body { width: 100%; height:100%; margin: 0; padding: 0; background-color: #1c94c4; }    </style>    <script type="text/javascript" src="../../js/libe/pixi.3.0.8.js"></script>    <script type="text/javascript" src="../../js/libe/pixi-spine.js"></script>    <script type="text/javascript" src="../../js/libe/SkinnedMeshPatch.js"></script>    <script type="text/javascript" src="main.js"></script></head><body><select id="select"></select><input type="file"></label><div id="stat"></div><div id="main" width=1280' height='720'></div><!-- main --><script>runMain()</script></body></html>

main.js

var spineContainer = null;function runMain() {    var renderer = PIXI.autoDetectRenderer(1920, 1080);    document.body.appendChild(renderer.view);// create the root of the scene graph    var stage = new PIXI.Container();// load spine data    PIXI.loader        .add('f1', './raptor/raptor.json')        //.add('f1', './goblin/goblins-mesh.json')        //.add('f1', './goblin/goblins.json')        //.add('f1', './goblin/goblins-mesh-leak.json')        //.add('f1', './goblin/goblins-mesh_all_delete.json')        .load(onAssetsLoaded);    var dragon = null;    var dragonCage = new PIXI.Container();    spineContainer = dragonCage;    // add the container to the stage    stage.addChild(dragonCage);    function onAssetsLoaded(loader,res)    {        var count = 500;        for(var i = 0; i < count; ++i){            // instantiate the spine animation            dragon = new PIXI.spine.Spine(res.f1.spineData);            dragon.skeleton.setToSetupPose();            dragon.update(0);            dragon.autoUpdate = false;            // create a container for the spine animation and add the animation to it            dragonCage.addChild(dragon);            if(0){                var skeleton = dragon.skeleton;                skeleton.setSkinByName("goblin");                skeleton.setSlotsToSetupPose();            }            if(1){                // measure the spine animation and position it inside its container to align it to the origin                var localRect = dragon.getLocalBounds();                dragon.position.set(100 + (i*50)%1500, 200 + parseInt(((i*50)/1700))*70 );                //dragon.position.set(-localRect.x + JLib.random(-500, 1920 -  1500), JLib.random(1000, 1000));                var scale = 0.2;//JLib.randomf(0.5, 0.5);                dragon.scale.set(scale, scale);            }            // once position and scaled, set the animation to play            dragon.state.setAnimationByName(0, 'walk', true);        }        animate();    }    var elased = Date.now();    var delta = 0;    function animate() {        delta = (Date.now() - elased)/1000;        elased = Date.now();        requestAnimationFrame(animate);        for (var i in spineContainer.children) {            //stage.children[i].children[0].update(0.0166666);            spineContainer.children[i].update(delta);        }        renderer.render(stage);    }};

data is spine example!

Thx..

hi. 

<script type="text/javascript" src="../../js/libe/SkinnedMeshPatch.js"></script>

if use SkinnedMeshPatch, performance is increased with normal spine data(about 10%)

but it gave some bugs with performance..

1. texture crashed for very shortest time about 0.xx sec.  after then draw normally

post-10357-0-63513200-1448995381.png

2.cutted spine.

moving with filter(Outline)  . and then cut spine 

post-10357-0-46539600-1448995399.png

normal spine

post-10357-0-04560800-1448995406.png

thx a lot 

Hi..  I'm really expecting WIP-GPU... --b wonderful..
so i'll hope to update more and more for performance up or ability up with spine.

there is no BlendMode with WIP-GPU!

i test with spine-data that blend has

and then it looked like that..

it looks like blendmode skipped..

BlendMode with ADD( Not Using WIP-GPU)
post-10357-0-90760500-1449146815.png

BlendMode with ADD(Using WIP-GPU) - i can look like this when i skip blend mode with 'NOT using WIP-GPU';

post-10357-0-45661700-1449146845.png

thx ..

hi..

this version can draw ADDITIVE.

but there is to looks like some problem. 

blendmode is sometimes off!

for example.. 
duration of spine ani is . with 60 frame

1-40 frames seem to have ADDITIVE.  

40-43 or very short time seem without ADDITIVE
and 44-endframe seem to have ADDITIVE..

i couldn't find rule to happen this situation..

thx...^^/