Hi guys,

I'd like to present you my project, which I've been working on during the last year.

The development is still in progress, so it doesn't have fancy interface and not very optimized, but it's a nice POC of Babylon.js framework.

The game supports desktop (mouse + keyboard) and mobile (gyroscope and accelerometer) controls.

Share your thoughts, any inputs and comments are highly appreciated.

I've got some errors in Edge and Chrome during the first loading phase. I don't have sounds neither in Chrome or Edge either.

Expect that, it's very cool! :)

But it's very hard. I haven't managed yet to find how to go over the wall made of 4 boxes. I'm playing on my PC with the keyboard.

Could you elaborate? Which errors exactly? Didn't test it in Edge but it worked in Chrome for sure. Both mobile and desktop, with sounds. Have you tried to reload? Ctrl+F5?

It is really very hard. Your level 1 should be easier and increase the difficulty with the next level.

There, I think this is the most difficult level. The hardest and destroy the box with the mouse at the right time and also jump in the right time. We should avoid the use of the mouse and destroy one of the boxes when the ball goes in.

For the game over , I would not trigger as soon as the first time a box is touched, but after 3 times (with a system of 3 life for example.)

These are just ideas that can increase the interest of the game who is interesting.

I've got this error in MS Edge:

SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'isBuffer' of undefined or null reference, kolobok.min.js (1884,146)

Jumping into the minified code, it's in the getSound(a,b,c) function.

Same kind of error in Chrome if I'm launching an "incognito" session:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'isBuffer' of undefined

In both Edge & Chrome, I finally have the game working fine (with sound) after F5. It's then the first loading that fails. You probably have a bad loading sequences.

Some other points:

- it seems you're using our web audio stack, if so, it's cool! :)

- it seems impossible to play to the game on desktop with keyboard. I never managed to jump over the block of 4 boxes or roll on the side of it.

David

It is really very hard. Your level 1 should be easier and increase the difficulty with the next level.
There, I think this is the most difficult level. The hardest and destroy the box with the mouse at the right time and also jump in the right time. We should avoid the use of the mouse and destroy one of the boxes when the ball goes in.
For the game over , I would not trigger as soon as the first time a box is touched, but after 3 times (with a system of 3 life for example.)

These are just ideas that can increase the interest of the game who is interesting.

Thanks for the feedback, I certainly would think about splitting the game to levels by increasing difficulty.

I've got this error in MS Edge:

SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'isBuffer' of undefined or null reference, kolobok.min.js (1884,146)

Jumping into the minified code, it's in the getSound(a,b,c) function.

Same kind of error in Chrome if I'm launching an "incognito" session:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'isBuffer' of undefined

In both Edge & Chrome, I finally have the game working fine (with sound) after F5. It's then the first loading that fails. You probably have a bad loading sequences.

Some other points:

- it seems you're using our web audio stack, if so, it's cool! :)

- it seems impossible to play to the game on desktop with keyboard. I never managed to jump over the block of 4 boxes or roll on the side of it.

David

Hardly believe that the error is due to bad loading sequences, I'm starting the game only after all the resources have been loaded. But I'll take a look anyway, thanks for the report.

As for the web audio stack, yeah, I'm using the one of Babylon.js and it's great! First I was using howler.js but it had some issues with the latest versions of Chrome so I looked for something else.

Fortunately it happened exactly at the same time Web Audio stack was added to Babylon.js and I took it  :) It has a huge advantage of integration with the framework and easy binding to mesh objects so it's perfect for me.

Great, but hard gameplay for me :)

In game will be hare, wolf, bear and fox? :)

If eventually I'll get to bone animations they certainly will be there  ;)

I never managed to jump or to destroy a box with a touch on my mobile device (Firefox Android)...

Tried with Firefox Android, works for me. Maybe the control (or the hint) is a bit confusing. When the hint says that you should move your device up to jump it means the following:

1. Move it quickly (bump it)

2. Move it UP on X or Y axis (according to the orientation), while the axes are as described on the following picture

phoneaxis.png

nice game but a bit difficult to play for me :)

I would like to see any sample code. Can you point me some? 

Thank you.

Unfortunately it's not an open source project (at least not yet), but if you're interested in something particular I'll be glad to share the details.