Not My Territory (Yet)

espadrine

post-4893-0-23980200-1383230027.jpg

The game is available here.

You can also see a gameplay video here.

This game is a multiplayer experimental real-time strategy game. There are three opposite camps, you start off in one of them. You have to explore, occupy and conquer territory in order to win. When one camp is completely destroyed, the camp with the largest population wins.

Furthermore, I made a video series about the development of the game.

The game is done, but there are many more things to add to it, so I will update it very regularly. There will be more treasures spawned throughout the map, etc.

What is most experimental in the game is that you actually have many other players on your side, and they can all do exactly what you can do. It's hard to tell how well this will work with many people; give me feedback!

Gustavgb, thanks a lot!

The gameplay video that I made was intended as a tutorial. I should probably include it in the main help page. Did you find the help page?

(If not, I'll add a message for newcomers.)

PS, when you say "it doesn't work", is there an error in the console? Are you clicking on a tile inside the boundary of accessible tiles?

PS, when you say "it doesn't work", is there an error in the console? Are you clicking on a tile inside the boundary of accessible tiles?

It's hard to say if it's me or the game who has a bug, because I don't know how the tool should work.

And yes. You should deferentially include the video inside the game somehow. ;)

EDIT:

Tried again this morning, and the game works perfectly. Huge improvement with the title screen! :)

Just watched the gameplay video, and that helps a lot. Now I understand the game much better. ;)

In the beginning you say "I hope the text is clear enough", when explaining the 'Move with only some of the citizens - tool'. I think that the text should be like this:

not%20my%20terrotory.png

Also the slider is not styled in Chrome

In the beginning you say "I hope the text is clear enough", when explaining the 'Move with only some of the citizens - tool'. I think that the text should be like this:

You are right. I just made the text clearer. Thanks!

I also added a way to know exactly what percentage of the group would move.

I left the default slider look, but I agree that it looks off on some OSes. I'll probably do something about it!

• 1 month later...

A small video update for those that are interested in terrain generation and their limits.

I explore the size of the map and the limits it has, and compare those to other games.

The simplex noise system I use, which gives me that big a map, is jwagner's.

It is great for map generation. That said, if I wanted to use noise for, say, rendering textures, would that be a good fit? Would GLSL (and WebGL) solutions be fast enough, considering that the game is fullscreen?

• 3 weeks later...

As suggested by Gustavgb, I added resources (metal and wood) to the game. It gives a nice addition, because those resources are scarce and stealing them is an incentive for war.

I added a lot of other stuff, such as inertial map dragging, treasure respawn, three more buildings and the game mechanics that goes with them.

As usual, the game is here.