Textures Not Loading

Matt574

Hi all,

I'm having a strange issue. I'm working on a project which loads various Babylon files and textures. All works fine when testing locally (I'm using Brackets with live preview) However when I upload to my web server none of the textures are able to load (see attached).

All other resources, scripts etc load fine its just the textures that don't. Any clues as to why this error might be occurring?

Cheers!

Matt

post-17766-0-62612000-1450637557.jpg

Hi Raanan,

Unfortunately the project is hosted on a private server. Its odd, as if I use my own personal server the textures load fine. When I check the network calls in IE dev tools I'm getting 'Aborted' as the result of the call on the textures. While other successful calls give me '200' as the result. Could there be something server specific that's causing this?

Cheers!

Matt  

Yes the image url opens in the browser.....It just won't load via Babylon. Seems odd! The results seem different on each browser refresh. Some of the calls are successful but Babylon still says that it was unable to load the texture. On the these calls that are apparently successful the type of call is listed as text/html. Whereas usually they appear as image/jpeg. So it seems like the call is being interpreted as a request for a html file instead of an image file. Weird. I wonder if there is a way to make sure the correct type of get call is being sent from Babylon!?

Its bending my brain!   

Hi Matt74,

RaananW Is requesting a URL where we will be able to see these behaviors ourselves, as well as to review your scripts and image files for potential formatting conflicts which often won't allow elements to be loaded when called from a location within the script, which doesn't allow for operations within the stringent formatting of operations which may occur after such elements are required to be loaded in order to control their properties, which what might be considered "standard" operations in applying and affecting image properties.

I have discovered similar behaviors in scripts recentely, and hopefully the users here on the forum will be able to assist. So please provide a URL which we will be able to test as well as download scene elements and hopefully provide you with some solutions. Welcome to the forum, and I'm certain you will find this to be a very valuable resource for almost any problem or performance issue your will unboubtedly come across in your endeavors to develop content and media using the babylon.js framework - and there is no question which anyone on this forum would consider invalid, as we have all found ourselves in dramatically difficult situations with no where else to turn - and rarely, does anyone find their questions unanswered for very long, as all users on this forum have always gone far beyond their individual abilities to work together to make the babylon.js framework the very best of any and all available frameworks in the forthcoming revolution supporting the formally adopted HTML5 and WebGL standards.

All anyone asks is that we all work together to improve all frameworks and extensions for HTML5 and WebGL, and for us this means specifically babylon.js and supporting extensions - which was originally built as a video game engine by the user on this forum known as DeltaKosh (who is the currator as well), whose real name is David Cathue, who along with other key individuals and Microsoft developers in Washington State and now around the world, are developing the very best and highly functional content creation tools, control software, and renderring engine which is growing and evolving so rapidly that it is difficult to even keep up with. But David (DK) and the other highly skilled and involved developers working with him are all efficiently coordinating all efforts to develop babylon.js to a point beyond where any competing engine might be at this or any other time now and in the future.

So again welcome to the forum, and we will watch for a post of your files or a URL which will show us the latest scene as well as demonstrate any problems you might have in your scene, or with elements within your scene. Please provide what ever you are able, and please remember to use cntrl + shift + the "j" key to open up the javascrit console once your scene is either loaded or has attempted to load. This will provide you and other users with as much inforatin we might find to identify the problem. I assume you are already familiar with the javaxcript console, but if not, this is what we will use to troubleshoot and to work whrough any problems which we should be able to identify.

Cheers,

DB 

Hi DB,

Wow thank you for the warm welcome and very informative post. My experience on this forum so far has and continues to be very pleasant :) 

It would be great to be able to share project files with you all but in this instance I can't as its proprietary information. Also I'm not sure it would be necessary in this case as the problem that I'm having also occurs if I upload one of the sample scenes from the BJS website which uses the skybox and associated textures. So I'm very confident that it's an issue with the server. I don't know a lot about server configuration so I just wondered what could possibly cause a request sent from BJS for an image file to be unrecognised by the server? I've also tried uploading content created with the create JS framework which also requests images to be loaded from the server. Which works fine. So it seems that the server only has problems loading textures via BJS.....BJS must be requesting the textures in a way that this particular server can't understand or doesn't recognise. I'm really hoping somebody else has experienced this issue!

Thank you again for all the help :)

Matt