Game list of phaser games

Mike

BTW what's this going to be used for? Made just for fun, or client project or something?

The main purpose was to learn new technologies (Phaser & socket.io) for some other future projects, but if people like it, I'll add some features and maybe some adverts on the main page to get couple of dimes back. Glad you liked it ;)

The server is physically located in London, works perfectly from here (Helsinki). I would appreciate if any of you located in Americas, Far East, South Africa... could try it out and see how it works. There's not too much messaging between client & server, so I assume it will be fine...

Worked perfectly over here, east coast USA! Great game, by the way :D

Those of you who are interested in the technology behind Tap Derby, here's a short text I wrote to another forum. If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer.

---------------------

I got hooked with agar.io some time ago and got interested in online/multiplayer technologies. So I decided to write my first own online game from scratch.

I already had a Linode (what a wonderful service!) virtual server instance and I started to study technology options. I wanted to build the game on top of a browser, to learn more about HTML5. I ended up evaluating HTML5 gaming frameworks and picked up the most popular one - Phaser (http://phaser.io). PIXI looked very promising at first, but seemed to lack some of the features I needed. Besides, Phaser is using PIXI under the hood, it helped me to make the decision.

Then, backend. As said, I already had a Linux server available. I have quite a lot of experience on PHP/Apache, but quite soon everything started to point towards Node.js. It should offer better performance and - most importantly - it has a nice socket.io support for lightning fast messaging between a server and a client. Those of you who don't know, Node.js is a lightweight web server (like Apache) and you code it with Javascript.

I wanted also to secure possible future extensions, like user authentication, so I decided to wrap everything in PHP on the server side. I picked up Lumen framework, which is a lightweight version of popular Laravel.

To summarize, the client contacts Lumen PHP code via Apache, which then returns HTML to browser. Browser loads and runs Javascript, which communicates with Node.js instance on the same server via socket.io messages.

It was pure fun. Thinking now, I made really good choices. Phaser has lot of features and a active community. Node.js was very easy to code. Socket.io seem to be robust and very easy to use. Lumen keeps things in order and offers future database and authorization extensions.

Well after 3 months of hard work my game was finally rejected from the IOS store. All because some well known presidential candidates battle to the death. There's some fighting, dismemberment and heads popping off... no big deal. These people are so uptight. 
Lucky there's still Google Play...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details…
Get it before it's banned!

• 2 weeks later...

Can you please add our game: http://www.mekaphobia.com

We've just gone live in the Windows Store for Desktop on Windows 10 and are trying to get the greenlight on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=558399757

Android and iOS are in progress.

I also plan to publish some articles on how the game was developed and how some of the effects were achieved.

Thanks.

Hi, 

my 2 last games are created using Phaser (as my current project). You can found them on Google PlayStore:  Pick them all (Halloween)  and of course Pick them all (Christmas)

These games are also available on Apple Store: Pick them all (Halloween) and Pick them all (Christmas)

Ans you can download free activities (coloring, cross-words and much more) for kids on our web site

Feel free to give any comments (even if it's not positive)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, here's my last game. It's an interactive book called "A la découverte de l'espace avec Alex" ("Discover space with Alex", but it's french only) made with Phaser & Angular (i love strange mixes  :lol: )

For Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opzo.book.espace1

For iOs: well, Apple has to validate my app so we have to wait 2 weeks (at least  :wacko: )

Hello, I have created a little game with Phaser, you can see it here: http://www.szellms.hu/jatek

Took me about 4 goes to get 400/400.  At first I thought you could only click the up/down buttons.  Then I realised you could use the up/down keys, although I was tapping them which was hurting my score.  When I realised I could hold the up/down buttons, it was much easier.  Although I think the position of the stars is random?  The last run through seemed a lot easier than the second to last I played.

• 4 weeks later...

Staff0rd, I'm glad that my game gave you a little challenge. Yes, you can use the arrow keys, and also the W and S buttons. The clickable / tappable controls are for mobile users. All of the buttons can be held down. I'm planning on implementing a little help menu to make things clear.

I created the game to be fully responsive, and it also displays a notice to rotate the device, when someone tries to play in portrait mode below 900px screen width. You have pause, mute and fullscreen buttons, and you can see your position on the level. And yes, the stars are positioned randomly on every play.

The speed of the ghost increases a bit every second to add a little more difficulty, and I tried to imitate the effect of wobbling, so the ghost moves up and down by itself. The game also stores your best score and the mute state in local storage.

I'm also planning to create some obstacles to be avoided and enemies that can attack you, and you would have to fight back.

One problem I'm having is that there's no sound in Firefox at all, and Opera and Edge only play some of the sounds for some reason. I will try and fix these.

Thank you for taking your time to experiment with my work.

Hi.
Recently i and another friend released the game Curvatron on steam, we are not 100% sure but we think this is the first Phaser game to be released on Steam.
Steam link: 
http://store.steampowered.com/app/404700/
The game is not free, but we have a free version for mobile devices and a web version.
We have another games made with phaser, you can check some off them in the site Brave Bunny :)

You can check some of the source codes on GitHub
Thank you :)

2 hours ago, Blamepie said:

Hi.
Recently i and another friend released the game Curvatron on steam, we are not 100% sure but we think this is the first Phaser game to be released on Steam.
Steam link: 
http://store.steampowered.com/app/404700/
The game is not free, but we have a free version for mobile devices and a web version.
We have another games made with phaser, you can check some off them in the site Brave Bunny :)

You can check some of the source codes on GitHub
Thank you :)

Awesome, and congrats! Excited to see this. Nice steam page too, love the humor mixed in with the details in the vid and page, especially this bit:

“White Snake: Fa Hai, you do not know love”
Xiao Meng, on a Chinese website that stole our game (Google translated)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

This is the largest game I ever had to code, and enjoyed it all the way. This is the story of a great evil that every few thousand years comes and wrecks havoc on our world. Now its time for you to stop it, or die trying. The gameplay is quite simple, and it features turn-based battles between you and the monsters, you have spells (cards of spells) and simple weapon attacks in your arsenal as well as an ultimate spell that can heal/buff you or attack the enemies.

You can play it here:

campaignView_BG.thumb.jpg.87dcad64997a67

Note that the game is still in Beta as it is missing some sounds. Feel free to comment if you come across any bugs or feel that there is something missing.

Thanks for playing!

Note that the game is still in Beta as it is missing some sounds. Feel free to comment if you come across any bugs or feel that there is something missing.

Thanks for playing!

Really nice work!

The graphics look great, although if I were to nitpick I wasnt convinced the style of everything matches, all of the graphics are great but some are more cartoon-y than others which I think diluted the overall style.

The fights are way too long, and by that I mean there is too much time spent waiting. Ditch the 'Heros turn/monsters turn' thing, its fairly obvious and the wait for the animations was killing me, I just wanted to get mashing buttons and killing enemies, as the turns are synchronous if I want to take a bit of time to make a decision then it should be up to me.

But overall I thought it was great.

Thanks for the feedback, Yes I agree for the graphics as they were not all created by the same artist, but they are close enough.
As for the banner animation I would say it could probably go and make the turns faster. however the turn-based element should remain, as this game is based on classic turn-based games such as "heroes of might & magic", "disciples III", etc.

It was not meant to be an "action-rpg" like "diablo".

Oh yeah, I agree, turn-based suits well, but it would be fairly obvious whose turn it was, I play Dungeon Boss on my phone which has an identical dynamic and they simply denote turn by animating the characters and bringing up the UI which triggers that it is your turn to make decisions.

I wasn't advocating an action style, but waiting for those animations got boring quick. I think the average user would tolerate them on the very first turn (although I still hold that they are unnecessary, and, as such, a distraction to the dynamic you've actually created) but after that no way. If fights are supposed to last for many turns this becomes even more of a problem.

Anyhow, I liked it and think its a good representation of that genre!

Hi there guys,

this is my last Phaser game, actually I made this for smartphones (the controls are easier with your fingers and you need a fast webview like cocoon´s canvas+ or so) but well, you can play it with the mouse too and as I didn´t sell a license at all, uploaded to Gamejolt and I would like to receive some feedback.

Tell me your honest opinion about the game, please :)

Stop that Kid

stk-screenshot-1-9zrak7f6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally completed my first app after a year of solid development.

Legatus

It's basically Chess revisited - armour blocks infantry and archers - cavalry beat infantry and so on.  Under the hood it is Phaser on Crosswalk Cordova on Android.  The AI is essentially a Alpha Beta Minimax  Chess engine without transpositions. I found transposition tables didn't add much of an improvement in this case.

Its freemium - the first dozen games are freebies advertising supported - masochists can pay a couple of dollars US for an additional 24 games and no ads. Offers Turn based multiplayer as well as the single player.  Multiplayer is probably a ghost town at the moment - only just released last night - so finding an opponent may be difficult.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.evilwicked.legatus

Video to see how to play it