"Gravipop" - Made in 12 hours

SlamminSam

Gravipop_small.fw_.png

Gravipop is my first HTML5 game, and I'm very impressed with what the platform is capable of.

You can view my RAW development log on my website.

In Gravipop, you have to pop all the bubbles while avoiding obstacles like guided-rockets, sharp saws and spike traps. Each time you pop a big bubble, it will split into two smaller bubbles.  You can also change the direction of gravity.

All levels have a time limit, and any remaining time after completing the level is converted into points.

Features 30 levels

Clay.io Leaderboards and achievements

full-logo-dark-250.png

Controls (PC)

Arrow Keys - Move left/right

Space - Shoot laser

CTRL - Switch gravity

Controls (Mobile)

Virtual Buttons

Play on Juicy Craft

ChromeWebStore_Badge_v2_496x150.png

What do you guys think? Please write any comments below

Very impressive that you've made this in 12 hours , Great choice with color scheme and the music fits it perfectly, This could be a fun play on mobile depending on which controls you choose. If I'm to give any advice : The pixelated text doesn't fit there.

Thanks :D If anyone reading doesn't believe me, you can view the raw development log on the game page. 

The music took me a while to find actually. I found some excellent free-to-use music here: http://ericskiff.com/music/

I plan on porting to iOS and Android soon :) And windows of course. (Not win 8)

Compliments AND crits! The best kind of feedback. Which text are you referring to?

Don't worry , we don't judge people here :P

I was referring to the text in game basically , The pixelated style doesn't fit it , need I say more?

Also I didn't even reach level 5 , maybe you should make a level selection room so that people can have a bit of the other goodies ;)

Can't believe I only just joined. This community seems darn fine!

Ah ok, I'll experiment with fonts (didn't have time to do that!)

You only get the goodies if you've got the skills ;) It is slightly hard, but one player made it to level 30....even I haven't got that far...

The last 1-2 levels are designed to be near impossible. If you play a couple of times you start to improve and get further. 

Anyways, thanks for playing Ahmed, and thanks for the kind comments.

When's the mobile or GJ version coming? ;)

Hy Austin, thanks for asking! I quickly attempted to integrate GJ a few days back, but got a weird crash so left it for another time. I did fix your suggestions about the rockets though, and changed some of the later levels so it's more challenging for pros like you. ;)

I'm incredibly bust at the moment with uni, so I shouldn't really be working on any home projects. If I didn't do about 5-6 hours of work tonight (plus the insane hours this whole week) I would have failed one of my classes! :s

Game development is a dangerous practice

UPDATE: 

New title screen (suggested by users)

Graphics improvements (info button, tweening, contrasting, sprite smoothing and editing, bubble pop effects)

Bug fixes (Completing and failing at the same time, shield fixes)

New splash screen

New sounds

New bullet/pin. Decreases with size as you progress

Modified levels (suggested by users)

Large speed improvement on iDevices. (removed a lot of image blending)

Check it out :) You may have to clear your cache

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...