[Done] Arson - The video game

GSquadron

Just finished the game.

I also contacted some sponsors.

You can play online from this link.

http://www.anothergames.com/games/html5/Arson/index

------------
This game will be for sale when it comes out. PM me if you are interested, so that I can offer a discount to licenses before its launch date! :)

------------

Just wrote an ebook today about the game engine.

Download it FREE!

-------------

**UPDATE**
Just updated the background. Pretty sweet huh?
qdsqRxO.png

New main player graphics.
vyQyFWX.png

Hi all,

I have been working on an upcoming online game which will be called Arson.

The game is 70% complete and here is a general idea of it, but take it with a grain of salt since I have cut down a large portion of the game due to time restriction:

Fun fact: I have been working on this every single day since 28th November 2015! (45 days)

I plan to keep programming for 365 days.

Level Select Menu.

3MNRHqR.jpg

Arson is a game concept I will work in the near future and I am really excited about it. :)

I am going to create a new game engine from scratch again and this time, it will be faster than my last game.

The game will also be available on your internet browser, Windows PC and Android, at least this is the plan for now.

It will be playable on most mobile devices if played through the browser version.

This was my first background for the game.
0R1QuQK.png

Say hello to the orc!
UKk4RS7.png

The sorcerer.
GArecQB.png

Ninja and Mage.
12622230_1651804731750073_89451710619979

Ranger and Rich guy
CZ7oB2yUkAAPYo4.jpg:large

New background! Level 6. :)

12642485_1652391538358059_26843669904255

New background!
12592701_1652814024982477_26426344232875

This is my improvement in game art so far. First background left to last background right.

GnzG49o.png

Options menu.
12696921_1653936961536850_85254035885940

A very early screenshot of the game was my initial idea to start having some interest into the game.

Have a look yourself and share your own thoughts! I will be uploading new images and new features as development progresses.

I have still not started working on it though!

Two types of enemies will take place in the gameplay. Grounded enemies and flying enemies.

The game will also have its own virtual currency, which will be used by the player to buy new stuff.

The weapon choice is made at the start of each level.

After the player chooses the weapon, there will be no choice anymore.

The player also can choose not to choose any weapons at all.

As the player levels up, the weapons evolve.

My initial idea was a combination of Borderlands and an old game where you could choose the weapon, but I do not remember its name.

The dog and the eye, I know that they are so ugly for the moment, but they will change as the game dev progresses.

The player will also completely change with the boxes, so for now they are just a concept.

The gun will also have a shooting angle. It will also have autoshooting.

There should be a village where Arson tries to save his underground or home, or maybe he goes on adventure.

The marketing

The marketing is an important part of making this game and keeping the hype alive.

I will continue to post on different forums, mainly english, french and italian forums.

I cannot do this alone so I would be grateful if you help spread the word!

As for the time I would want to spend on promoting the game, I would say whenever I have free time!

Total forums expected that I will write about the Arson video game: 100.

The development

The development would normally be the most important part as far as I am concerned.

I will program the engine then create the game using it.

As for the assets, either I create them or I find some assets which might give the feel of the game.

Since the game has to be played on all types of devices through web, it will take a little bit more time to adapt the game controls.

I would expect total development time: 6 months.

If you wish to get notified for upcoming games or other projects, follow my game studio on Twitter / Facebook.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUipySwn6pHByveciMXvO

twitter-follow-logo.gif

This game looks as though it definitely has some potential, but it doesn't feel like a finished game yet.

Here's some thoughts;

• The title screen buttons do not respond to mouse click, only touch.  The level select buttons do however respond to mouse click.
  • The player starts each level standing strangely at about -45 degrees
  • In game, mouse clicking will fire the bullet in the direction of the mouse, but the player does not rotate
  • Upon completing the last level, nothing happens.  It just goes back to the level select screen.
  • Perhaps the player should remain with their legs straight on the ground, and only their arms/hand/weapon should rotate towards the position of fire
  • It was not immediately clear that I could upgrade my weapon.  Showing some kind of indicator in-game, of the current weapon's level could help communicate this.
  • The reload/cooldown mechanic doesn't have any real meaning.  There is no strategy gained from timing reloads, it just slows down the game.
  • There doesn't seem to be any skill involved.  There are only two directions (but largely the ground direction is most used) that enemies approach the player.  The most efficient way to play is just to continually tap one of these directions until everything dies.  Then buy whatever you can afford at the shop.  Rinse and repeat.  There would perhaps be more variety (and skill required) if approaches were being made from multiple directions, or if there were multiple weapons with varying ammo count and cooldowns.
  • Once started, there is no way to exit the level.  If you know you're going to die because you need an upgrade and can only afford that upgrade mid-level, you still have to wait for the entire level to finish before going to the shop.
  • The graphics and scene changes are cool, I really like the character art.

14 hours ago, staff0rd said:

This game looks as though it definitely has some potential, but it doesn't feel like a finished game yet.

Here's some thoughts;

• The title screen buttons do not respond to mouse click, only touch.  The level select buttons do however respond to mouse click.
  • The player starts each level standing strangely at about -45 degrees
  • In game, mouse clicking will fire the bullet in the direction of the mouse, but the player does not rotate
  • Upon completing the last level, nothing happens.  It just goes back to the level select screen.
  • Perhaps the player should remain with their legs straight on the ground, and only their arms/hand/weapon should rotate towards the position of fire
  • It was not immediately clear that I could upgrade my weapon.  Showing some kind of indicator in-game, of the current weapon's level could help communicate this.
  • The reload/cooldown mechanic doesn't have any real meaning.  There is no strategy gained from timing reloads, it just slows down the game.
  • There doesn't seem to be any skill involved.  There are only two directions (but largely the ground direction is most used) that enemies approach the player.  The most efficient way to play is just to continually tap one of these directions until everything dies.  Then buy whatever you can afford at the shop.  Rinse and repeat.  There would perhaps be more variety (and skill required) if approaches were being made from multiple directions, or if there were multiple weapons with varying ammo count and cooldowns.
  • Once started, there is no way to exit the level.  If you know you're going to die because you need an upgrade and can only afford that upgrade mid-level, you still have to wait for the entire level to finish before going to the shop.
  • The graphics and scene changes are cool, I really like the character art.

Thank you for your reply!

You might need to press CTRL+F5 maybe in order to remove old code, because the website caches it.

Other than that, I declare the project over because right now I am working with an artist to make a much more advanced game based on the same engine + framework.

Thanks for liking the art, I did not expect that though. xD

A lot of things will be improved. I will notify as soon as the prototype for the new game is ready.