Welcome to the new forum - Please read!!

RaananW

8 hours ago, Wingnut said:

I think that is what Dad72 is trying to get, and there might be some misunderstanding, there.

Dad72 wants Rich to change our mode.  Rich might think that Dad72 wants something else (like special customizing of the mode we are currently using).

Wingnut thank you understand what I mean. Yes, I too would like a mode like 'phaser'.

Jerome, I think that DK has successfully transferred all of a sudden about (it must have check box for each subject for every move, it should not be too difficult.)

I understand that change forum would be a difficult task, it would be best to find a friendlier forum here, but that does not depend on us. When Rich came regularly, nobody said anything, why not have reacted before and asking  to have a forum as desired. My English is approximate and can not be understood correctly, but you, your English is better, maybe Rich would have better understood.

Why not ask your questions right here. Rich follows this forum and could understand you better than me : (This is not the right topic here for requests)

http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/19806-forum-upgraded/?page=2#comment-113718

*nod*.  Problem is... I am not authorized to ask Rich to change modes.  The big question is still...  if we change modes, do we lose the categories automatically?

Many seem to WANT categories, here.  Maybe we MUST be in "Q & A Mode"... to allow having categories.

Maybe I should read the docs for the new forum software.

Generally, I would be GLAD to ask questions to Rich... but I am not sure what to ask.  And it would be good if I didn't look stupid, too.  :D

Ok, I guess I understand what Dad72 means.

All the subforums have the right expected behavior (like Phaser forum or our old forum), except the Q/A section... because this one has un-needed features for us, and disturbing ones.

Maybe could the Q/A section become a standard sub-forum just called "Question and Answers" (and without any dedicated stuff about questions, like votes, stars, best answers, etc) ?

Am I right, Dad72 ?

I personaly don't know what's good or bad in this forum... I just know, after 2 weeks of use, that I can't easily retrieve some friends chatting here and there so the global live cohesion seems to be gone imho, although this organization is maybe better to sort and search things. Dunno...

I have to agree with Dad72. I find the layout of the Q&A subforum - odd:wacko:

I have just visited all the forums (fora?) and subforums (subfora) at HTML5 game Dev and the BJS Q&A is the only one that has this "votes/answers" stuff. Reminds me of comment sections in cheap tabloid newspapers.

I'm also bugged by the listing of all the names of people currently on all the forums when I am just browsing the BJS forum.

I've really tried to not comment too much on this topic - to let the new structure settle. But ...

cheers, gryff :)

Yes, you understood Jerome. I talk to have everything in the forum and forum to present the same thing

Gryff also understood what I mean. Thank you.

I do not understand why this Q & A forum is not like any other. Rich told me that he needs a manual, but I think he has not understood what I meant. maybe someone can explain better than me.

agree also. the full list of people online (why). And others. this forum is not an evolution I feel.

I grieve that my translator could not translate properly.

that I can't easily retrieve some friends

jerome, I find it harder with some names than others. I just tested "jerome" - took me 15 secs to find you. However, much easier to see "Dad72" in the list - capital and numbers?

47 minutes ago, gryff said:

jerome, I find it harder with some names than others. I just tested "jerome" - took me 15 secs to find you. However, much easier to see "Dad72" in the list - capital and numbers?

I'm usually in stealth mode :D

If you reverse Q&A to previous state, we won't have the mark as answered option.

I'm not really happy with that DK. One of the benefits of the old "answered" mark was it showed how busy the forum was and that people were getting answers. The new "tick" for "answered" is not as good - until you understand that a tick means answered, a tick could mean just a good question  to go along with the "vote" stuff.

Seems like this issue makes a good definition of "a rock and a hard place" :(