[iOS][Android] Laser Dreams - free mobile puzzle game written in Javascript

RedFragment

promo.jpg

Hello everyone! 

Laser Dreams is my first real game and it's getting really close to being done (EDIT: it's done!). It's a mobile puzzle game where you need to guide all of the laser beams to the target using various items you can drag and drop and rotate by tapping on them.

Although the idea is not exactly novel, I think some of it's features really set it apart. Most notable is the level editor, that allows the players to create new levels themselves. These levels can then be reviewed by me and published in the Player submitted levels stage.

screenshots.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ps314wl7qE

DOWNLOAD HERE:
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/laser-dreams/id1097313394
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redfragment.laserdreams&pageId=116975864458605169157

Any advice and feedback is very welcome. Let me know what you think!

Cheers!

16 minutes ago, feudalwars said:

It looks fantastic, and I love the theme! However, I had difficult figuring out the controls. Actually, I couldn't figure out the controls. Perhaps you could add them in somewhere? 

You are absolutely right! The controls will obviously be explained in the help section once it's done :).

Since it's meant for mobile, it uses lots of dragndrop/swipe controls. To move items from the bottom menu to the grid you need to drag and drop them. Alternately you can select an item in the menu by clicking it an then clicking again where you want to place it in the grid. To rotate an item you just click it.

In menus, you need to drag-move, like you would swipe on a mobile phone to scroll down.

Controls seemed pretty intuitive to me, first few levels really easy, then at level 10 it got hard.  Overall pretty entertaining, just needs some funky techno track or similar as background music.  Level editor seems overkill for a casual game IMHO, unless it can somehow be worked into the game play, but otherwise nice work dude.

5 minutes ago, staff0rd said:

Controls seemed pretty intuitive to me, first few levels really easy, then at level 10 it got hard.  Overall pretty entertaining, just needs some funky techno track or similar as background music.  Level editor seems overkill for a casual game IMHO, unless it can somehow be worked into the game play, but otherwise nice work dude.

Thank you for the compliments. It does have a funky synthwave track though :D

The editor exists so I could make levels, then I figured why not put it in the game as well :)

6 minutes ago, marcgfx said:

nice game. not sure if I'm too stupid, or if some levels are not finished. I had issues on two levels where the light-beam is just not long enough. seems weird that light would suddenly stop mid-air.

Yes it's not very realistic but it's part of the gameplay :D

Which level was that? Maybe try using a hint, there's always a trick ;)

solved all 17 levels, most with 3 stars.
issues:
- when I want to restart a level after only getting 1-2 stars is quite cumbersome
- quit(or was it exit) leads to level select, what I would not expect
- the beam length is not obvious, but vital for a few puzzles
- I didnt like, that I had to restart a level from scratch to get one more star. I understand why its done this way though. maybe it would be good to have a "done" button? and it would be nice to know how many stars you will get before pressing done.

it is not obvious that the beam length remains the same after splitting. I got stuck on the second level depicted in your first post, thankfully the image made me realize it was not a bug that was limiting the beams, but a feature

edit: I used a hint, but nothing happened

edit2: I just retried level 15 and got 3 stars, but they don't show up in the level select

• 5 months later...