Hello html5 game devs! I'm a software engineer in between jobs right now looking to do some extra work on the side for cool projects. 

My background: I grew up in NJ, got a mathematics degree from Rutgers U and have been working as a flash developer for the past few years. I was sad to see actionscript 3 fall out of popularity because I just thought it was a really pretty-looking language. Over the years I've used it for desktop games, video players,  real-time socket connection mmo games, starling mobile apps, database connections, spinning up servers, basic banner ads,  2d animations.. Anyway, I'm all about the javascript /typescript life now. Recently I've been really into Angular for building websites and browser "webapps" and phaser for games (or webapps that are less DOM-ish). 

I'm just an overall intelligent guy who loves talking about programming and building stuff. I'm really looking to join a group for a hackathon or gamejam in the NJ / NYC area, but I'd also be interested in working on open source projects. 

Thanks for reading. :) 

You can also find me tweeting about js things on twitter @WebWhizJim