API documentation on Color3 is wrong

drer

First of all, it's disrespectful to your users to make them report issues through an unrelated forum.  "I closed it because I spent my time asking: "can you please ask your question on the forum?"." - Microsoft really can't afford a community advocate? 

Anyway, the doc page on color is fundamentally wrong http://doc.babylonjs.com/classes/2.2/Color3 "The red value (0<r<255)". A Color3 goes from 0 - 1, not 0 - 255... 

Of course the docs aren't open source. Why would they be? Otherwise I'd be happy to submit a PR to fix it.

I didn't realize the docs were open source. HOWEVER, you seem to have committed your entire indexed search file for every release, bloating documentation repository size to 1gigabyte. Please delete the documentation repository and make a new one, or scrub the binaries from your history (will require significant community hand holding to indicate you've force pushed and erased all of master)

There are dozens of 10mb+ json files

Hi um, I am totally not a part of the Babylon.js community (seriously I'm not) and it seems like you are raising some really good points here, but you might be better trying to calm down a little before posting. I hope that's ok, I think Babylon.js is more a community thing that a Microsoft thing (it's just the devs all worked at Microsoft when they decided to make it in their own time, and latter that meant support from MS) and so you probably need to remember that you are talking to people...

BJS is not a MS product.

It's a port of a 3D engine coded in another language into JS, then TS. This port was done by Deltakosh who was the original 3D engine author at a time he had his own enterprise. 

He now works at MS, what isn't a shame... not more, not less than working at Google, Apple, GitHub, GMC, Nestlé or the next grocery shop imho.

The BJS documentation is written by contributors (as the code is done by contributors also and not by MS) from everwhere on their own spare time. It's a damned hard work to keep a big framework documentation site up to date and errors or lacks can happen.

So please feel free to help, to contribute, to fix, to PR, to participate to this forum discussion to choose a better way to build the documentation (there were hours of discussion) or to simply inform us that something is buggy or wrong somewhere  : people here are smart ones and can understand your (polite) arguments 

7 hours ago, andrewray said:

First of all, it's disrespectful to your users to make them report issues through an unrelated forum.

I can not find disrespectful want to offer a community forum more organized. You have a bug, simply post in bug and those who want to fix bugs see them more easily and facilitate their work.
I think that respect is precisely posting in good categories for easy search of other members.

If you search for projects made with Babylon, you go into the project and find categories of projects. Any questions, a forum for you.  = Search easy.

Where is the disrespect? By cons your message is disrespectful, not even a hello and you make accusation.

Hello Andrew, 

Thank you for your PR. Please see my answer here : https://github.com/BabylonJS/Documentation/issues/147
You have to understand it's NOT a MS product. Everything (and I mean everything) in this project is open-source, powered by its community (that you are now part of with your PR :) )

The 'issue' tracker has been closed because too often, a user would post a problem that is actually not a problem. It's better to have only a focal point (here, this forum), where the whole community can talk about it, and not only the github project owner.