Read Music Notes HN

happynote

Hello,

http://www.happynote.com/en/read-music-notes-hn/read-music-notes-hn.html

This is a free educational game to learn to read music in G (Treble) Clef, from 2 to 17 musical notes.

There is an Highscore : the more musical notes you know and the faster you play, the more points you can win. For example, with 2 notes, the maximum points is 100, with 3 notes, 200, etc. There is also a Championship mode with the 17 musical notes : the maximum score is 10 000 points and 1 wrong note = Game Over.

The game should be stable, but I'm facing with a sound problem : when you win, below the Highscore, there is a link to go to a musical reading with the same music notes used in the game. The link opens in a new tab, with the musical reading. This is a musical reading with sound. If you play the sound then come back to the game tab, in IOS (Safari) and ANDROID (Chrome) the game sounds don't work anymore. If somebody have an idea...?

Site : happynote.com It's about games to learn music, but except the present game, there are only Windows games. Some are free, some are not free.

Thank you ! :)

read-music-notes-hn-2notes.gif

Thank you very much for taking time to have a look :)

So many buttons all over the interface ? Euh... no, only 3 when you launch the game the 1st time. And a text to explain how to play.

Could you tell me what device you've used to open it ?

Thanks again !

Pascal

The screenshot above shows 15 buttons/active spots.   The actual launch page has two buttons, one of which will take you to a screen that has another two buttons, one of which pops a browser window taking you away from the game.  The route from start to beginning the actual gameplay is a bit confusing.

The screenshot above is not the begining of the game, some buttons are greyed, there are buttons and icons, and inside buttons there is only two categories : setting and musical notes. And there is a text to lead you.

Could you tell me what device you've used to open it ?

Thanks !

Pascal

I just used Chrome on a Mac and I have to agree with staff0rd, I didnt find the interface or the instructions particularly clear. It requires a little bit of knowledge i.e. DO RE MI means nothing to a lot of people, even those who can read music.

I know you think you have simplified, and you may have from whatever you had initially, but, I really think you would benefit from simplifying more. Education requires very simple clear steps and each step (at least initially) should present only one thing—in your case this means teach people your UI i.e. show them a note, tell them what it is, let them hear it, let them choose the corresponding button in your UI, then go forward. I'm a fan of letting people jump in and try lots of things but it just does not work particularly well (yet) with technology (minecraft is the exception, and its totally different from a learning app), doubly so for most mobile apps.

Don't get me wrong, I think the idea is fantastic and I dont think you've made a bad start at all, but, I guess the thing is, if you have to textually explain a UI then its not a good UI (the only exception is very complex apps where you probably want to progressively explain the UI, slack excels in this regard although there are many other examples, but, your app is not complex so you shouldnt have to explain it).