I created a new demo game using the createjs framework. It performs well on all modern browsers and most recent mobile devices.

A lot of attention was put towards frame rates and optimization.

Link to the game is here:

http://www.freshly-squeezed.com/PurrfectShotDemo/purrfectshot.html

Video Here:

For further information about Freshly Squeezed Games, my website is here:

http://www.freshly-squeezed.com/

Image here:

imageshot.jpg

Really cool and unique.  Great sounds and graphics.  I couldn't seem to figure out to finish that level - maybe it can't be completed as its just a demo?

Also, at one stage I managed to get the hover cannon and/or the one under it do something so it left me on the floor.  In the screenshot below, I'm still alive, but rolling really, really slowly.  It took about 2-3 minutes to roll to the edge of the screen, at which stage the next screen scrolled over but I couldn't see the player.  Then after about 20secs it popped the gameover screen.

purrfect.png.5ae9438789532aca5f5abcfdd1d

Thanks for the feedback staff0rd, glad you like the game!

Actually it can be completed. Maybe it isn't obvious enough? If you watch the youtube video I've demostrated completing it successfully. It is fairly tricky to get the last part right, as you are supposed to go through the hole in the electric fence, if you miss the cannon the cat can bounce back up off the binbag. After that you are supposed to go inside the purple factory (where the light is coming from)

We put a poster there saying beware of the dogs to hint at it too. But perhaps this isn't obvious enough?

As for the continual roll issue. That's more to do with the physics and the cat not having enough friction. I'll be sorting this out for the next demo as he should certainly grind to a halt much sooner. But if you stop you are supposed to be prompted to retry the level.

I'll take this into account for the next one. Appreciate it.

I sometimes had the feeling I was not in control. playing with touchpad on mac in chrome. the automatic cannon was the first to confuse me, but I'm still pretty convinced the cannon before the electric fence fires when I only have my finger on the touchpad, without clicking. I tried it multiple times but could not figure out what exactly was wrong.

Hi Marcgfx,

That's a fair comment. I am actually using the click event opposed to mousedown / touchdown. It is something I will definitely be changing. This has the undesired effect that firing a cannon happens when you lift your finger off the mousepad. Using an ordinary mouse like I did meant it wasn't particularly issue. But certainly for anyone using touch it becomes a bigger problem. 

Next version it will be updated to mousedown / touchdown.

Thanks for the feedback.