[WIP] Brick Breaker Clone

Get_Bentley

So I have been working with Phaser for a bit now, and just like everyone else I absolutely love it! I have a couple games that I have been working on, I have always loved Brick Breaker type games, so I decided to make a little prototype of my own. I mainly made this clone to help me understand Phaser's tweens and particle emitters.

Please keep in mind this is still a work in progress, as well as its the first game I have posted on this forum, I know its not fantastic but it was definitely fun to do!

Let me know what you all think of it so far. Thank you!

The assets were created by another member on here Brenda, so thank you Brenda :D.

googledrive.com/host/0B15AwW19iaJlN2Uza1VvMUU3dmM

--Just click the index file to get started--

11 hours ago, rich said:

Heh that's quite nice :) (the 'Highscore: null' text never vanished for me though?)

Hey Rich thanks for the comment! The highscore only pushes to the screen if you lose all lives and continue playing, did it not work for you? It still needs a lot of work but I had a ton of fun making it, especially using the particles for the first time :D.

10 hours ago, marcgfx said:

the mouse steering is a bit of a pain. I lost two lives because my mouse pointer was outside the screen. maybe add keyboard controls?

Thanks a lot for giving it a go and leaving some feedback, I originally had keyboard controls but I didn't like the feel of it, I may switch back to the keyboard controls I just felt the pointer was a better feel for the game. Im still experimenting with quite a bit for it.

Hey there,

Very nice! I would definitely think about a tutorial when you have things exactly where you want them :) Perhaps something like a rainbow colored block that is in a hard-to-reach area which will blow up four surrounding blocks? :) Something along those lines, just to liven gameplay a little at different levels/time elapsed.

3 hours ago, JessC said:

Hey there,

Very nice! I would definitely think about a tutorial when you have things exactly where you want them :) Perhaps something like a rainbow colored block that is in a hard-to-reach area which will blow up four surrounding blocks? :) Something along those lines, just to liven gameplay a little at different levels/time elapsed.

Hey thanks for the feedback really appreciate it. I have some ideas bouncing around on how to improve it and make it more challenging, just have to implement them. I have thought about doing a simple tutorial for it, I have never written a tutorial though so I will have to play around with that and see what I can make of it. Thanks again for the feed back and just taking the time to reply :D.

5 hours ago, Get_Bentley said:

Hey thanks for the feedback really appreciate it. I have some ideas bouncing around on how to improve it and make it more challenging, just have to implement them. I have thought about doing a simple tutorial for it, I have never written a tutorial though so I will have to play around with that and see what I can make of it. Thanks again for the feed back and just taking the time to reply :D.

Anytime! I'd be happy to be there to bounce ideas off of! PM me anytime. :)