Forum Banner Contest

rich

And this is my new contribution to rich's contest:

84x400_2.png.520f32056af87cf17dc5ebcaf05

It tries to catch the world wide nature of the "HTML 5 Game Devs" fora (forums?) and skilled programmers using their imaginations to create on a infinite field of stars. And the "Blue Lady"  -  one of the first things I created after joining this forum 2 years ago.

cheers, gryff :)

• 6 months later...
On ‎21‎-‎02‎-‎2016 at 3:38 AM, gryff said:

I joined the HTML5 Game Devs forum two years ago on Feb 20th 2014 - so this is my 2nd. anniversary :)

And rich said at the top, "Let's have a little fun here"  So here is my fun:

Logo

Yes, I know it does not fit the image restrictions that rich imposes but it is my "little bit of fun". Scroll with a mouse wheel to zoom in and out, left mouse and drag to rotate. Also runs on my Samsung Tab A tablet - swipe to rotate and pinch to zoom.

The 3d geometry was created in Blender, the skybox textures produced with Spacescape and the earth texture is from NASA Visible Earth images by Reto Stöckli. Driven by the Babylon.js game framework. It took less than an hour to create.

The green spheres are the locations of the people above on this thread, the purple spheres people I have met on the Babylon forum here - and the red sphere is me.

Ohh and this image below is a quick attempt to meet rich's standards  :o.

EDIT: Update the "Logo" link above to reflect all the contributors to this thread, as of Feb 26th 2016, who have indicated a place/location on this thread. Had to google "Plettenberg Bay;)

84x300_2.png

EDIT 2: Ignore this logo submission rich - I have added a new one, Feb 26th post below

cheers, gryff :)

Love your logo Gryff. I expected something like this. I wanted to mix the HTML5 element somewhere in the logo. That's exactly what you did. Awesome !

• rich unpinned this topic