retrocurator.com - Museum of Vintage

amarneethi

Hi All,

I'm happy to launch my site retrocurator.com, the site will be a showcase of retro/vintage items. Right now there are only 6 items, things will be added constantly to the site.
The site uses babylonjs framework and it's been only 3-4 weeks since I started using it and I must say it is one of the easiest of the languages to learn and has some pretty kick-a** features (PBR rendering, Realtime shadows and so on). It's well documented and has a great community out there. Coming back to the site, it should work just fine on desktops/laptops and latest mobile/tablet devices. It might show some weird rendering issues in older devices, working to get it fixed. Thanks to the community and everyone who supported in the forums to get it to this point. Cheers

Site Link: retrocurator.com

Hey @mattstyles, I forgot to mention that it is in alpha release, there will be an updated version soon with updated UI and without any of those bugs you see now. But it should work in latest chrome in desktop, lemme check again in different systems, thanks for the heads-up. Can you post your system configuration(CPU, GPU, Ram), it will help me debug. Cheers.

System specs wont help you debug, but what they hey

Chrome Version 48.0.2564.116 (64-bit)

MacBook Air 2013

I eventually did get something to render, took a while though and there were some issues, the main one being that the entrance animation continued to play i.e. it grew larger from the top-left (might want to move your origin) continually.

You might want to start looking at these:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'reflectionTexture' of nullistTextureReady @ telephoneMaterial.js:7

boom radioMaterial.js:15 

These fire continually once it has stopped loading so yeah, there are a few teething issues for you :)