Phaser.io vs libgdx (Java)

Hadik

Hello,

which framework is better ? For learn and start ?

For me java is better to understand as javascript, because java is object oriented but JS not much. On the other hand phaser is easy to learn than libgdx.

Which framework are you recommend ?

It's very hard to choice. Phaser looks better and easy to learn, but I like Java (lang) then JavaScript.

EDIT: On the GITHUB libgdx (last commit before few hours) looks more active then phaser (last commit before 22 days??)

No web is not priority, but web deploy is good, fast and simple to share games. On the other hand native desktop game can be problem to share new game.

What is better for profesionals ? Most of company will choose libgdx then phaser I think.

This decision is very hard, and bad choice will not good for future.

On 3/11/2016 at 1:10 AM, Hadik said:

And performance in Electron ? 

Performance is actually better inside Electron than chrome with my tests.  (Or with NW.js). I'm not sure how I would actually give proof of this, but I've been reading fps levels through Phaser Debug on Chrome as compared to inside electron and they are marginally higher in electron. (I am assuming because it's an isolated v8 instance)