WIP Miam Boom! [mobile]

martindrapeau

I built this cute little game to be released on iPhone, iPod and Android phone devices. If you have a device, please try by going to this URL, and adding it to your home screen. Designed to work in full screen portrait mode. You can also try it on desktop if you don't have a device nearby, or if you're lazy:)

http://www.miamboom.com/play

I'm looking for feedback, especially if you have an Android. Already works top notch on iPhones and iPods.

Have fun,

--Martin

P.S. My top score is 103. Try to beat that!

miam-boom.png

Admittedly I misread the title as "Miami Boom!" - which is a game I really want to play!!!

As for "Miam Boom!" I enjoyed how simple it was and it reminded me of Fruit Ninja for a satisfying touch control.  Commercially I can see it working well as a game to promote good teeth care ... what to eat, what not to eat, power ups involving vigorous shaking / to simulate teeth brushing?  Imo scoring / bomb allocation should be less random and follow a progression curve (with slight randomisation) - then scores will be based more on skill than luck.

Performance on my Android S3 was good (Chrome and Stock).  However within Stock browser it did not resize to window - I needed to change orientation twice.  No sound on either.

@martindrapeau big improvement - getting there, perhaps too easy / not enough skill based jeopardy.  My advice would be study Fruit Ninja for introduction of bombs - when they are first introduced they have time either side, they aren't thrown into the mix - that comes later.  I played Miam Boom some more - I like your sine wave mode, there's some coolness coming into this that I can see may be triggered by a frenzy or other pickup.  I tended to lose when I was given an impossible catch - e.g. two or more fruit on either side of the screen.  Watch out for that, or introduce lives (with eating a Bomb wiping out all of them, but dropping fruit taking only one).  And SOUNDS please .... keep going!

• 2 weeks later...

@b10b I made some improvements based on your feedback. Notably if you catch a star, you will fall in a bonus round. I also improved the AI to avoid throwing two items too far apart to catch them, or throwing a bomb overlapping a fruit. You can also now choose your character. GUI not yet fully functional though.

The game has also moved to its own domain.

http://www.miamboom.com/play

Sound still to come. Feedback welcome.

--Martin

• 1 month later...