HTML5 isometric game isometric : Engine choice (+ question on interaction with designers)

Surya

Hello there, I'm new to this forum :) 

I'm a professional developer (with a bit of experience with Web technologies) who wants to enjoy a(n other) side project and I'm looking for global informations to start with the good tools.

I'm looking to create a webgame with the same visualization than Game Corp DX (again not the concept, but the view) The idea is to have a 2D map, some pathfinding (got some experience with that) and a visualization that allows tall objects in the foreground to hide a character behind. I could recreate this from scratch but if something robust exists, I'm not willing to spend time on this.

I've some basic experience with 2d canvas creation with CreateJS (Easeljs/TweenJS)

Questions:

1. How is the Game Corp DX view called? I think it's isometric but I want to make sure :) (Is 3d orthographic the same?)

2. Is there any particular engine which could allow me to do this easily (with a lot of people using it if possible) ? I've googled it a bit, found a lot of pure 2d stuff, or total 3d. Found some (like http://craftyjs.com/) but haven't dig into them yet.

3. I tried to develop a project using CreateJS with a friend designer. I had a hard time allowing him to be really efficient (like creating a room with different objects in it) I've seen the Flash professional toolkit for CreateJS but didn't really find a way to use it properly (it was generating quite long js code and I couldn't integrate it as I wanted) Anyone has experience with designers and good organization so you can let them modify directly the UI of the project (and not just exporting png from Photoshop) I would be super interested in advice/experiences there so I can improve the productivity.

Thank you very much!

Ps: This forum seems awesome ! :)