[PIXI MMORPG] Raining Chain

Jambutters

Not made by me

http://www.rainingchain.com

A free to play, no pay to win, HTML5 MMORPG built from basically scratch(w/pixijs and a few other components).

"a unique 4th wall breaking, open world, rpg"

ffOejyY.png

"rc", the creator is on often and he also makes html5 game programming tutorials so be sure to check out his youtube channel.

Permission to post this was granted by the creator.

This is pretty amazing. Hopefully they built to scale because I can see it becoming pretty big!! I love the town quest where you get invaded by monsters, that was pretty fun lol.

Only recommendation / suggestion I have is the camera movement has a bit of choppiness to it. Not the animations of your characters, or other entities but just when the camera is transitioning. It's hard to explain, but it ultimately made me stop playing after 30 minutes because it was super annoying .

Edit: After looking at the trailer, it doesn't seem to happen. Hmm, maybe it's just me? Doe this happen to anyone else?

Edit2: I changed my quality setting to "Min" and it helped dramatically! -- I think that fixed it, doesn't' seem laggy anymore

Edit3: The twister skills from the worm's reminds me of the druid from Diablo 2, so epic

55 minutes ago, WombatTurkey said:

This is pretty amazing. Hopefully they built to scale because I can see it becoming pretty big!! I love the town quest where you get invaded by monsters, that was pretty fun lol.

Only recommendation / suggestion I have is the camera movement has a bit of choppiness to it. Not the animations of your characters, or other entities but just when the camera is transitioning. It's hard to explain, but it ultimately made me stop playing after 30 minutes because it was super annoying .

Edit: After looking at the trailer, it doesn't seem to happen. Hmm, maybe it's just me? Doe this happen to anyone else?

Edit2: I changed my quality setting to "Min" and it helped dramatically! -- I think that fixed it, doesn't' seem laggy anymore

Edit3: The twister skills from the worm's reminds me of the druid from Diablo 2, so epic

Yeppers, the developer has scaling covered according to his blog posts

http://blog.rainingchain.com/

For me, I stay at 60 fps until tons of mobs stack up and fire bullets, which makes me drop to 49. Occasionally I spike 5fps down sometimes when moving.

Yeah, turning off particle/weather effects and such increases performance by a lot. Also capping your fps to 20/20 also helps a lot.