Why HTML5 game developers should be excited about Kik again

remvst

I'm not excited about anything related to Kik, had the app installed for like 1 week and it was consuming 70% of the phone battery, even if I was not using it. It was consuming a lot more than watching youtube videos or twitch. Uninstalled, never to be used agian. (and this also happened to a friend who I recommended the app too)

33 minutes ago, tips4design said:

I'm not excited about anything related to Kik, had the app installed for like 1 week and it was consuming 70% of the phone battery, even if I was not using it. It was consuming a lot more than watching youtube videos or twitch. Uninstalled, never to be used agian. (and this also happened to a friend who I recommended the app too)

I can see why this was frustrating for you, however, millions of users still use it every day, which I believe could be of interest for game developers looking for an audience. That's why I posted the article here.

If you have feedback regarding the app itself, I would suggest using the help center, which should be more suited than this thread ;)

7 hours ago, Red Spark said:

I think it will eventually lead to portals and aggregators having their own bots, where you can type something like 'multiplayer game with robots' and it will give you a few options to choose from. So basically a search.

Which won't hurt your discoverability if you decide to create a bot because they'd only have one (if they even get approved). Bots are manually approved, contrary to the old cards system.