rea

Group rotation

Hi,

I started to create a simple game - tetris. Unfortunately I have 2 problems:

- how to move group rotation point from top left corner to the center?

- is there a possibility to check collision when moving group by change x property (I override tween, but it still moves down)?

Think of Groups as being single points in space, centered around their x/y coordinate. Now think of the children as being placed relative to that x/y point. So if you need to place a sprite in the "center" of a group, you need to place the middle of the sprite at 0,0 within the Group. So if you had a sprite that was 100x100 in size you would position it at -50,-50 within the Group. Then if you rotate the group itself it will appear to rotate around its center.

So your advice is to move each sprite from the group and rotate it? or then rotate group? will it cause any visual defects? because I need to do this on moving element (tweening).. or maybe I just didn't understand?

I think what he meant was: The group actually rotates around its x/y coordinates, but your sprites are probably themselves not placed in the center of the group. To create a sprite in the center of a group you have to subtract it's width/2 from the x and it's height/2 from the y coordinate or set it's anchor to 0.5/0.5.

I have not tested it, but this should look like this:

group = game.add.group(10, 10, 'myGroup'); // Create group placed on 10/10 in the world.sprite = group.create(0,0, 'mySpriteSheet'); // Add sprite placed at 0/0 of the group, which is the center.sprite.anchor.setTo(0.5,0.5); // Set anchor to the middle of the sprite