[Launched] GO GO GO platformer

Pooya72

Beautiful graphics. Haha, very good use of the art pack and sounds ;)

I think the controls are a bit loose though, or the camera is a bit too close? Not sure if you get my meaning.

Overall I like it, it's a good play, but is there any point to collecting the coins?

Nicely done, and smooth. I spotted a few quirks : sometimes you can multi jump (i reached the top of the sky from the ground) sometimes you can't. On a small screen ( 4" iphone) the instructions are too small unreadeable and the light blue on light green text color doesn't help (you need them at least more contrasted).

My impressions: It's nice, I love the assets. The walking animation sometimes gets stuck. If you hold jump under low enough a platform, it will stick to the underside. Not sure this is intentional. The first level message vanishes too fast for someone whose first language isn't English, IMO. totor's right, text and background contrast isn't high enough for easy readability. I'd go with pop-up balloons of some sort, or just make the text outline high contrast against the inside, that should work. Jumping on monsters (at least on some) goes straight down through them without bumping, or some kind of feedback signal to the player. This is a bit confusing. Also, there's no feedback when you get killed. You just spawn at the beginning. Some dying animation or pause ala Mario would help the player determine how close is too close, etc.

Edit: you might want to edit the OP, as the second picture is being shown in the games rail in the website, by far the least appealing!

Cheers

@Umz @totor @ecv newer version released, thx for posts and suggestions, im very glad you liked the game.

@Umz :in newer version final stars are based on number of coins player collected.

@totor: you were right about instructions text, fixed it please try it again, but about jumping i ain't been able to reproduce problem anyway added some extra events, maybe they solve the problem.

@ecv:the message now stays longer, when you jump on monsters now a sound plays and when you jump on pink monsters screen shakes, and now in the health system player has 3 hearts before dying.

16 hours ago, ecv said:

Edit: you might want to edit the OP, as the second picture is being shown in the games rail in the website, by far the least appealing!

sry i dont understand this part

Hey, you work fast! You fixed the sticking under platforms when jumping. I like the new screen shaking feature and the hearts. The hearts provide the room for the player to realize where he went wrong, which is good, but this is wasn't really necessary, although, yes, I like it better when a game has HP than just one wrong step and you're gone. But the "problem" still remains, when you're killed, you're spawning right away, instead of waiting IDK 1 or 2 seconds. But anyways, I guess this is a matter of preference, and it's okay as it is. Why not apply the screen shaking to all monsters? and maybe turn it down a little?

1 hour ago, Pooya72 said:

sry i dont understand this part

I meant the second picture that says "rotate the device to play" or something, was the one showing in the website games display. But I see you fixed that already.