Alex Tappin

Large Renderer == Low FPS

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ivan.popelyshev said:

Power of two is about better scaling, not performance. I think your problem is that fragment (pixel) shader is called too many times, its not about multitextures, its about area you are trying to fill with textures. I dont know what to do about that. I have lower-end device, i'll try it.

Okay give it a shot. Let me know what you discover. On a few of the devices I have tested it on, the higher ends seemed to yield great results. 

About the fragment shader being called too many times... Are there any known workarounds? Any other way I can implement this project using PIXI?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Alex Tappin said:

Okay give it a shot. Let me know what you discover. On a few of the devices I have tested it on, the higher ends seemed to yield great results. 

About the fragment shader being called too many times... Are there any known workarounds? Any other way I can implement this project using PIXI?

What did you use to create APK file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ivan.popelyshev said:

What did you use to create APK file?

Intel XDK with crosswalk. I have tried with "upgrading" it to a cordova app in the intel xdk. Both crosswalk 16 and 17. Same results for everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2016 at 4:03 PM, ivan.popelyshev said:

And yes, try power of two textures, may be it will give something. Just specify "power-of-two" in your texture packer.

Also may be "trim" option of texture packer will give you a bit too.

I have thought of a potential update that may or may not work.

Currently, I have many tiling Sprite objects and sprite objects for the parallax. With this, I need to call update on each one. 

My solution... would having one sprite container, with many children work better?

In one sprite named "parallax" I would add multiple children to that sprite.

So I would have to update sprite.children[x] using a for loop. It will be some work to test it out... would this possibly render some better results?

Constantly thinking of ways to better it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex Tappin said:

I have thought of a potential update that may or may not work.

Currently, I have many tiling Sprite objects and sprite objects for the parallax. With this, I need to call update on each one. 

My solution... would having one sprite container, with many children work better?

In one sprite named "parallax" I would add multiple children to that sprite.

So I would have to update sprite.children[x] using a for loop. It will be some work to test it out... would this possibly render some better results?

Constantly thinking of ways to better it.

I dont think that its a problem. You need to profile it on low-end devices. Connect adb and all that stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.