Large Renderer == Low FPS

Alex Tappin

1 minute ago, ivan.popelyshev said:

Power of two is about better scaling, not performance. I think your problem is that fragment (pixel) shader is called too many times, its not about multitextures, its about area you are trying to fill with textures. I dont know what to do about that. I have lower-end device, i'll try it.

Okay give it a shot. Let me know what you discover. On a few of the devices I have tested it on, the higher ends seemed to yield great results. 

About the fragment shader being called too many times... Are there any known workarounds? Any other way I can implement this project using PIXI?

10 minutes ago, Alex Tappin said:

Okay give it a shot. Let me know what you discover. On a few of the devices I have tested it on, the higher ends seemed to yield great results. 

About the fragment shader being called too many times... Are there any known workarounds? Any other way I can implement this project using PIXI?

What did you use to create APK file?

On 6/3/2016 at 4:03 PM, ivan.popelyshev said:

And yes, try power of two textures, may be it will give something. Just specify "power-of-two" in your texture packer.

Also may be "trim" option of texture packer will give you a bit too.

I have thought of a potential update that may or may not work.

Currently, I have many tiling Sprite objects and sprite objects for the parallax. With this, I need to call update on each one. 

My solution... would having one sprite container, with many children work better?

In one sprite named "parallax" I would add multiple children to that sprite.

So I would have to update sprite.children[x] using a for loop. It will be some work to test it out... would this possibly render some better results?

Constantly thinking of ways to better it.

1 hour ago, Alex Tappin said:

I have thought of a potential update that may or may not work.

Currently, I have many tiling Sprite objects and sprite objects for the parallax. With this, I need to call update on each one. 

My solution... would having one sprite container, with many children work better?

In one sprite named "parallax" I would add multiple children to that sprite.

So I would have to update sprite.children[x] using a for loop. It will be some work to test it out... would this possibly render some better results?

Constantly thinking of ways to better it.

I dont think that its a problem. You need to profile it on low-end devices. Connect adb and all that stuff.