CharacterController

EvilMax

Hi, everyone

I found Babylon js very interesting among many engines 3D.

My proposal is:

What if someone will create a CharacterController like in unity3d or similar engines.

It could boost number of people to use this engine.

Personally i thought on how it could be done, and i have already a simple logic (obviously when it comes to coding, becomes more difficult).

I probably may do a scetch of class in the future in my free time (if i will have it).

I think quelq'un had had this kind of idea. I do not know what he was in, if the project is in progress or not, but I think it is a good idea, especially if it simplifies the control of a character taking into account the animations.

A Unity-esque capsule-collider character controller would be invaluable for this engine. Getting up to speed and having to reinvent those wheels can be quite cumbersome, specially when the engine was made with lot's of facilitation in mind.

On 07/06/2016 at 1:02 AM, bbmario said:

A Unity-esque capsule-collider character controller would be invaluable for this engine. Getting up to speed and having to reinvent those wheels can be quite cumbersome, specially when the engine was made with lot's of facilitation in mind.

Yes!! Also Unity's 1st person and 3rd person plug-ins are great.  Same with their animation controller where you can set up state machines.