Paragon War - Browser Quest on Steroids

eddieone

The 3rd iteration of the Browser Quest engine and sequel to Paragon Crusade, this version has come a long way. My co-workers have been busy working on Paragon War. They were able to solve some long standing issues that were introduced by the insane amount of art and level design. While it seems nothing in HTML5 is perfect, they have really got the tile map performance in a good place now. Play Paragon War on Y8 and see the game's forum topic for game hints.

b54f89d975d1864fa5deae69dd9fa5dbfe26abcc_1_690x345.png

4e4869a1b8db8d08104f71d9e36a47c77e217f80_1_690x368.png

I think it looks fantastic, your artists have done a great job. Very nice retro feel.

I noticed an issue with the tilemaps though, depending on the resolution you can see a white seam between the tile. Not all of them, just about 50% of them, which spoils the otherwise beautiful visuals.

8 hours ago, Gio said:

I noticed an issue with the tilemaps though, depending on the resolution you can see a white seam between the tile. Not all of them, just about 50% of them, which spoils the otherwise beautiful visuals.

Right, I tried to fix that once but never could find out how. I know it's a common issue with tile based maps. Though, I never could figure out why it does that. I always assumed it was a rounding error or something. Hopefully, it gets fixed eventually. :)