[Phaser] [Box2D] Super Soccer Noggins

enriqueto

Hi there,

one of the contracts we've been working during the last months has been released.

http://www.miniclip.com/games/super-soccer-noggins/en/

The starting point was an existing game: Head Soccer. I don't like cloning that much and I tried to innovate the genre by adding new mechanics. I focused on a fast game with responsive controls. As usual, original game play is expensive to produce. For this game I tried to limit myself but I ended spending more time than I had initially planned. 

If you play the Croissant Cup until the end you'll see all the mechanics that the game has to offer (water in the field, flamenco dancer, jetpack, etc...)

Here the link for webmasters in case anyone wants to add it to their site:

http://www.miniclip.com/webmasters/super-soccer-noggins/en/

Hope you like it and hopefully performs better than my latest game, The Pinball of Oz.

super-soccer-noggins.png

Muy divertido... pero me ha puesto de los nervios. Casi termino como el niño alemán loco. Que vaya tan lento para atrás, incluso con el bracktrack a tope, uf, me puede. Las bolas de chicle, y las suspendidas rosas, topes pinball o lo que sea, las odio. Y bueno, es un juego muy difícil, he abandonado ya después de la liga Tiki Taka porque de verdad que me puede. Con todo es un juego muy chulo. Molesta bastante que cuando se termine el tiempo el juego termine abruptamente; no me gusta el fútbol ni entiendo, pero me parece que si un tiro marca gol ya en cero, cuenta, no? Si es así, quizás estaría bien terminar cuando termine el tiempo y la bola esté en el suelo. También pasa otra cosa... hay un momento en que puedes marcar gol, y llega el desempate y si la bola se convierte en bola de oro mientras cruza la portería, el gol no cuenta. Me ha pasado una vez que la bola rebotó del gol sin marcar, y otra que metí gol llevando la bola hasta la portería, se convirtió justo en oro y ya no marcó hasta que salió de la portería. Engancha, pero yo al menos he pasado un mal rato :lol: A ratos he zurrado a algún que otro contrincante, y me ha molestado mucho que no le doliera :lol: El de España quién es, Iniesta?

-

A lot of fun... but it stressed me a lot. I almost end up like the angry German kid. I can't bear it moving that slow backwards even with backtrack at max. I hate the chewing gum balls, and the suspended pink ones, pinball bumpers or whatnot. And, well, it's a very hard game, I quit after the Tiki Taka league because it really is stronger than me. Nonetheless it's a very cool game. It's quite annoying when the time's up the game will end abruptly; I don't like nor know much about soccer, but I believe when a shot scores a goal already at zero, it's counted, isn't it? If so, maybe it'd be better to finish it after time's up and the ball's on the ground. There's more... there's a time when you can score, the play-off begins and if the ball turns into a golden ball while crossing the goal, it won't score. It happened once when the ball bumped off the goal without scoring, and yet another time when I took the ball up to the goal, it just turned into gold and it wouldn't score anymore until it came out of the goal. It's addicting but in my case I had a bad time :lol: There were times I hit some opponent out of frustration, and it upset me I couldn't hurt him :lol: Who's the Spanish player, Iniesta?

@ecv thanks for testing the game. The Spanish player is Iniesta indeed. I thought I had fixed that issue with the Golden Ball. I'll check that again. Sorry for the bad time you had playing it.

Overall is a slow game, the elastic ball and the bumpers allows me to give some rhythm and a degree of randomness to some level. Other players who tested the game liked them. It may be a matter of taste.

Regarding the end of the match I need to think about that as it may be frustrating as it is.

@PixelPicoSean I'll tell that to the guy who did the UX.

11 hours ago, enriqueto said:

@ecv thanks for testing the game. The Spanish player is Iniesta indeed. I thought I had fixed that issue with the Golden Ball. I'll check that again. Sorry for the bad time you had playing it.

Overall is a slow game, the elastic ball and the bumpers allows me to give some rhythm and a degree of randomness to some level. Other players who tested the game liked them. It may be a matter of taste.

Regarding the end of the match I need to think about that as it may be frustrating as it is.

@PixelPicoSean I'll tell that to the guy who did the UX.

Hold it! I never said I didn't like it :) I like it, but I'm kind of stubborn and anxious, so that's why I had a bad time :lol: Don't mind me, this happens to me on all sort of different things :lol: I'm afraid I'm not very good at explaining :)

As I said, it's a very funny game. The flamenco dancers are hilarious :lol:

@gnoof thanks for the compliments!

After having invested time on those power-ups I was a bit frustrated when I saw that my game couldn't outperform puppet soccer games. These games don't have a strong game play but their superior UX seems to be key. Our is quite spartan.

• 2 months later...

This is a great game! The character at the very beginning catches your attention even more with the sound and overexaggeration. One thing I may suggest is putting in a tutorial phase, if you feel like prolonging the experience rather than jumping right into the game (which is great, too!) For example- when the opposing team kicks the ball, pause- then, tutorial -- "Kick the ball with "X" or "Space". It's very well done, very responsive. 

• 2 weeks later...