Bitewka - simple battle game

GrzegorzusLudi

Since last summer, I've been making a simple tactical game. Now I want to show it to the world.

LINK: http://ludistrona.cba.pl/inexenRR.php

Sorry for large number of text in Polish, but I'm kinda patriotic. ;P "Bitewka" means "little battle" in my language.

Unfortunately, game doesn't word on mobile devices. :(

bitewka1.png

bitewka2.png

bitewka3.png

How to play:

You are red and fight with blue. Both armies are divided into units (max 8), consisting up to 16 soldiers. You command the units by dragging their symbols.

I made seven stages: one easy (Noob War), two hard (Rangers, Elephants), three very hard (Horses, Challenge and Crossbows) and one hard-to-lose (Chuck Norris). I created also "Sandbox" (be aware what are you writing to "Code", it can crash after putting invalid text).

HINT: you can destroy bigger armies if you move faster and have wider weapon range. Just avoid contact with enemy.

Units available:

-swordsmen - short distance, can bear a shield,

-axemen - short distance, cannot bear shield, better attack stats

-bowmen - long distance, cannot bear shield, poison arrows at 3 attack level

-crossbowmen - long distance, can bear shield,

-spearmern - slightly longer distance, can bear shield, longer spears at 3 attack level

-horsemen - fastest (normal) unit, uses spears

-elephants - strongest (normal) unit,

-Chuck Norris (XD) - I wanted to make a mage, but I was too lazy.

Each unit has three attack and defence levels of their weapon or shield.

I allow to make your own version of the game. There's link to code: http://ludistrona.cba.pl/bitewkaenclearcodeRR.txt There are no images, whole game is only in one file, even weapons are drawn in the code whith strange sinus-based coordinates.

The game is built from scratch with sole javascript and HTML5, no engine has been used.

If I find some time, I would make more types of terrain (mountain, river, hill, forest) and even make a strategy game based on it - add map like in Total War series or Great War of Prefectures (a japanese flash game). But don't expect it to be made so quickly. ;P

Wow, pretty impressive to make the whole game without using images. Unfortunately I think that contributes to the overall lagginess. I'm on what I think is a pretty average laptop and the game moved quite slowly. I don't think it would suffer by reducing the army size to combat the lag. Interesting and very difficult concept!

I made some corrections to the script. In previous version I made an optimalization, but it didn't work then (it divides whole canvas into smaller fields, so script can test interactions only with near soldiers). I also shrinked size of the canvas (from giant 1200x900 to 900x675).

On 8.07.2016 at 0:39 PM, Tobiasz said:

agree, it's very laggy. I like the unit control approach. The horse map seems unwinnable, need more space to circulate the front to get into the archers?

I use one tactic: from first row (white horses) I send upper unit to far top and others to the bottom. It makes a gap between axemen, where I send second row of horses.

I also come with new levels. :) But you must use sandbox to play them:

4g8;;4g80g80g80g80g81g61g61g61g61g61g61g61g6 - Shields vs. Axes, pretty easy
;;246;;;263;616;;528;518518; - Hunting Animals, medium
;;;;4984984984981g01g01g01g01g01g01g01g0 - Four times outnumbered, hard
;;;;;2g6;;1g01g01g01g01g01g01g01g0 - Lonely poisoners, very hard, but I promise I bet it. It takes much time to win.