Sailor Pop - Okijin Games

OkijinGames

Hi Everyone,

Here is my latest game: Sailor Pop

The HTML5 game has now been released on http://sailorpop.com with the following features:

• 50 levels including "Gold Stash" and "Extra Hard" levels.
  • 5 unlockable boosters:
    • Color Perl, use to free all same color fishes.
    • Starfish, can spin and free all fishes around.
    • Gold Key, use to remove all visible locks.
    • Rusted Scissors, use to cut all visible fishnets.
  • Many items with special abilities including "messages in a bottle", shells, starfish, jelly fish, perls, gold keys, lockers, rocks, fishnets, gold chests.
  • Power bar booster to activate with current level points.
  • Cloud sync to save progress and sync in any browser, mobile and desktop.
  • Universal top score list for every level.

HD Gameplay Trailer:

Enjoy, Thanks!

3 hours ago, Goblet Ed said:

Wicked game! Love how the treasures float to the surface and that you can find powers in the little bottles.

All-in-all it feels very feature rich, no doubt rivaling native match-three game apps.

How long did it take you to make this demo?

Thanks! I started work on the game about 4 months ago (but also shared my time with work on the next project) so in actual time probably 2 months worth of work.

3 hours ago, end3r said:

The game looks very well polished, congrats on releasing it and good luck with licensing.

Thank you :) 

13 hours ago, Horizonicblue said:

Well polished game, great work.

The graphics this time is different than your previous games, did you use some different techniques this time? Can I have some more info on that?

Thanks Horizonicblue.

Indeed I wanted to try a different style so I tried to apply some shading to my 2D art. I am absolutely not a photoshop expert and my very "rudimentary" technique consists of clipping colored shadows inside the shapes to get the effect/relief I am after.

15 minutes ago, OkijinGames said:

I am absolutely not a photoshop expert and my very "rudimentary" technique consists of clipping colored shadows inside the shapes to get the effect/relief I am after.

Damn, if you did that graphics on your own and you're saying you're not an expert, then I don't know who is ;]

On 21/07/2016 at 3:03 AM, Horizonicblue said:

Well polished game, great work.

The graphics this time is different than your previous games, did you use some different techniques this time? Can I have some more info on that?

Made a quick screenshot to explain in more details. Basically I create small shapes and clip them to the main shape, enable the drop shadow (blend mode normal) and set their color/distance/spread/size as needed to create the desired relief - very rudimentary technique but it works and I keep my drawing vector based as well.

shadows.png

2 hours ago, tips4design said:

The game looks good, one question, is demo the full resolution of the game? Because the graphics get a big blurry when the window is larger.

The game loads different graphics set depending on the initial window size detected. The final release will have a dedicated desktop graphics set so the game will run with highest resolution on desktop regardless of the initial window size but I did not generate it in the demo version.

The HTML5 game has now been released on http://sailorpop.com with the following features:

• 50 levels including "Gold Stash" and "Extra Hard" levels.
  • 5 unlockable boosters:
    • Color Perl, use to free all same color fishes.
    • Starfish, can spin and free all fishes around.
    • Gold Key, use to remove all visible locks.
    • Rusted Scissors, use to cut all visible fishnets.
  • Many items with special abilities including "messages in a bottle", shells, starfish, jelly fish, perls, gold keys, lockers, rocks, fishnets, gold chests.
  • Power bar booster to activate with current level points.
  • Cloud sync to save progress and sync in any browser, mobile and desktop.
  • Universal top score list for every level.

I am primarily running this version to collect some data that I will use to adjust the level difficulty prior to the store release. The game will then be released on Windows Phone, Facebook and Google Play to start with, followed by iOS and Amazon App Store.

There will probably be some iterations on the graphics as well (especially the level maps).

Any question, feel free.

• 2 months later...