[WIP] MailPlane - My first game with phaser

vsotov

I was sitting and looking at unread email counter in Gmail and was thinking of how to bring it down to zero. I didn't want to "Remove all", but wanted to briefly look at each of them.

So I thought about creating a game around this problem. Having never used Phaser before I decided to stick with it and like it a lot.

It's still an early work in progress, but the core idea works. This should work on mobile but desktop is preferred for now.

Just press sign in button and it will take you to game. I do not send your data to any server. Everything is handled within your browser. 

When you kill a plane with bullets this concrete email will be moved to trash. So you can restore it if needed.

Please take a look and tell what you think about this mechanics and how to make it more interesting.

Thanks for taking a look!

Direct game link: https://mailplane-a21b6.firebaseapp.com/

screen.PNG

I really like the idea of incorporating the users own mail into the game! Some things I noticed were:

- You're able to aim the bullets in a single direction and constantly fire a line of bullets that all of the airplanes can run into, which makes the game super easy. To increase the difficulty, have airplanes coming in from all directions and maybe find a way to put the player in the center of the screen (For example, the game is top-view and the airplanes are trying to bomb your base/turret in the middle of the screen.)

- As for the graphics, a nice background instead of a blue screen might make things look a little more interesting. The player sprite should also have a barrel-like object attached to it so the player can tell where they are aiming. 

- Also, an added challenge could be that the airplanes try to shoot missiles/bombs at your base and you have to blow those up with your gun before they get too close.

Great idea and game!